VP - Analyst Team at Tracxn Technologies
Views:10502 Applications:559 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:557
Tracxn - Sector Specialist - Life Sciences (0-3 yrs)
Sector Specialists in the Life Science Team are subject matter experts in various areas such as Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostics, Medical Devices etc. The role involves building Industry Landscape, Sector Definition, identifying interesting Business Models, and Competitor Analysis. This research is used by numerous Venture Funds and Corporates to make their investment decisions.
1. Industry Definition
- Conduct in-depth research to identify Markets in the Life Sciences Industry
- Eg: Life Sciences Industry would include Markets like Diagnostics, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices etc.
2. Market Definition
- Build an in-depth understanding of companies operating in the market
- Identify sectors which would be interesting for VC / PE clients for investment
- Eg: Pharmaceuticals market would include sectors like Biopharma, Generics & Biosimilars etc.
3. Market Taxonomy
- Classify the companies in groups and build a detailed taxonomy of the market
- Eg: A Cancer therapeutics company and a Diabetes company will be classified into different groups in Biopharma
- Track companies and events in the sector to continuously improve the taxonomy
- Build Landscape view of the Market showcasing most important sub-markets
4. Identify Top Business Models
- Study Business Models used by companies and evaluate their long term sustainability
- Provide rating for business models based on the market size
5. Competitor Analysis
- Study the top companies in each market and identify competitors
6. Develop in-depth understanding of the Tracxn platform and features
7. Conduct Daily Review meetings with Manager. Actively seek feedback on the approach, - quality and throughput of all work done. Implement suggestions
- At least Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences / Medical field
- Organized and focused on delivering tasks within defined deadlines
- Strive for Excellence. Perform at highest levels of accuracy and efficiency
- Strong commitment to improve things every day
- Seek Continuous Feedback
- Strong Team Player
- High Sense of ownership
What can you expect at Tracxn?
- Meritocracy Driven, Candid Culture. No Politics
- Like Minded Intellectually Curious Colleagues
- High Paced Learning. Continuous Mentorship to help Achieve Peak Potential
- Neha Singh (ex-Sequoia, BCG | MBA - Stanford GSB)
- Abhishek Goyal (ex-Accel Partners, Amazon | BTech - IIT Kanpur)
Tracxn (www.tracxn.com) is a Bangalore based product company providing a research and deal sourcing platform for Venture Capital, Private Equity, CorpDev and professionals working around the startup ecosystem.
We are a team of 600+ working professionals serving customers across the globe. Our clients include Funds like Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, NEA; and Large Corporates such as ING, Societe Generale, LG and Royal Bank of Canada.