VP - Analyst Team at Tracxn Technologies
Views:23542 Applications:810 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:807
Tracxn - Research Manager - Life Sciences (3-8 yrs)
This is a mid-management position at Tracxn. The role includes management of 5-6 Researchers in the Life Sciences Domain. Researchers are responsible for building a quality collection of interesting companies in the sector, summarize company details and map those companies in Sector Classification. Different Sectors in Life Sciences include Biopharma, Biotech, Diagnostics, Genomics, Life Sciences Software, Medical Devices, Nutraceuticals among others. This research is used by numerous Venture Funds and Corporates to make their investment decisions.
Key-skills :Market Research, Business Research, Company Research, Research Analysis, Team Management, Startup, Analyst, Research, Investment Research, Market Intelligence, Business Analysis, Industry Analysis, Life Sciences, Biopharma, Biotech, Genomics, Medical Devices.
Key Responsibilities: Accountable for the delivery of the Team Output
1. Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Understand Tracxn proprietary SOP for research methodologies and implement it in your Team
- Proactively identify gaps in the SOP and suggest improvements to AVP Research
- Build deep understanding of all sectors covered by your team. This would include Sector Definitions, Sector Classification and Business Models of companies covered
- Become an expert on the Tracxn Platform
2. Ensure complete review of team output on a daily basis. Output should be accurate and relevant to clients
- Conduct 1-on-1s with Researchers to provide constructive feedback on the approach, quality and throughput of the final output of all work done
- Review of all Life Sciences companies added on the Tracxn platform including their relevance to the client, descriptions and market classification
- Evaluate Researcher's understanding for the companies added
- Actively provide feedback to Researchers on research approach and output for all client deliveries
- Proactively flag issues related to process compliance including non-completion of tasks, errors and deviations from defined processes
- Real Time review of approach and output of each client request
3. Team Building and Management
- Ensure training of team members and identify specific/periodic training requirements for the team. Groom each person to reach their peak potential
- Actively monitor and contribute to employee performance management process. Ensure compliance of company wide processes within the team including discipline
- Actively get involved in Hiring process of Researchers. Interview candidates and take the final call
4. Provide status update to AVP Research in 1-on-1 meeting. This meeting would also include feedback from AVP Research and resolution of tickets
Candidates must have education background in Life Sciences / Pharma / Biotechnology sectors or should have worked in the Life Sciences sector for 1-3 years
- Prior work experience or education background in Life Sciences / Biotech
- Strong Team Player. Keen Interest in Mentoring and Grooming Team Members
-Strive for Excellence. Strong commitment to improve things every day. Seek Continuous Feedback
- Willingness to relocate to Bangalore
- 3+ years of work experience
What can you expect at Tracxn?
- Meritocracy Driven, Candid Culture. No Politics
- Like Minded Intellectually Curious Colleagues
- High Paced Learning. Continuous Mentorship to help Achieve Peak Potential
- Neha Singh (ex-Sequoia, BCG | MBA - Stanford GSB)
- Abhishek Goyal (ex-Accel Partners, Amazon | BTech - IIT Kanpur)
Tracxn (www.tracxn.com) is a Bangalore based product company providing a research and deal sourcing platform for Venture Capital, Private Equity, CorpDev and professionals working around the startup ecosystem.
We are a team of 750+ working professionals serving customers across the globe. Our clients include Funds like Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, NEA; and Large Corporates such as ING, Societe Generale, LG and Royal Bank of Canada.