Assistant Manager - Talent Acquisition at Toppr.com
Views:1965 Applications:608 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:92
Toppr - General Manager - Sales (5-18 yrs)
ABOUT THE COMPANY :
Toppr is India's leading edtech company with a mission to make learning personalized. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 40 lakh students. We have the widest syllabus support that covers over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 50 exams. We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning and improve outcomes for all students.
Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, and Eight Roads.
ABOUT THE ROLE :
Toppr is looking for a General Manager - Sales. A GM is responsible for hiring and training salesforce, meeting sales targets in his/her territory and delivering month-on-month growth.
Sales GMs manage 30-40 direct reportees. As profit & loss owners of their sales territories, they achieve targets by analyzing data, running operations, and strategizing the next steps. Which is why, GMs at Toppr must be charismatic leaders who balance people skills and operations management effectively.
The GM is one of the most demanding positions at Toppr and will report to VP, Sales.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE SALES TEAM :
- Owning a big pie of the business: Own a business unit with a 1 crore/month top-line and watch your revenue make a widespread impact.
- As the business grows, you grow: We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as someone with the potential to become the future VP.
- Perks and bonuses: We appreciate your effort by providing exciting perks and bonuses tailored specifically for Sales GMs.
- Learn from the best: Learn from leaders whose teams have brought over 25x growth over the last 2 years.
HOW YOU'LL RAMP :
- Toppr's journey, mission, values, future outlook, and footprint across India.
- Spend time with the HR, Talent Acquisition, Marketing, Product, and Sales teams to get up-to-speed on Toppr's offering, its competition, and future outlook.
- Familiarize yourself with the current systems + processes for working cross-collaboratively to ensure customer value is delivered effectively.
By Day 30...
- Gain a deep understanding of Toppr's offering, its competition, and the transformational outcomes it helps students achieve.
- Interview, hire, and onboard talented employees for your team.
- Hold individual pipeline review meetings and weekly team meetings.
By Day 90 :
- Partner with marketing to drive new business from targeted campaigns.
- Help the sales team to achieve revenue goals by delivering on your team's monthly objectives.
- Grow your Sales Unit to a one crore per month top-line with a contribution margin of 50%.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS :
- MBA/PGDBM from Tier I Business School and/or B. Tech. from a Tier I college (IITs, BITS, NITs).
- At least 3 years work experience and spent 1-year managing large teams.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have the following skills:
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder. You have worked collaboratively with marketing and product teams.
- Responsibility: Taken ownership of top-line and profit targets for your team while being in a revenue-driven role.
- Sense of data: Experienced in data-driven marketing, including ROI / investment strategies / scaling.
- Building your team: You have an eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams.