Toppr - General Manager - Marketing - IIM/FMS/XLRI/MDI/IIT/NIT (3-5 yrs)
GENERAL MANAGER - MARKETING
Toppr is looking for its General Manager of Marketing. As a General Manager of Marketing, you'll be responsible for driving offline marketing activities across PAN India. You'll be part of the central marketing team and will work closely with the zonal marketing teams to drive high-quality user acquisition PAN India.
The ideal candidate should be well versed in negotiation, operations and should have good leadership skills. The candidate should have experience in managing teams and in data-driven marketing. He/she should be able to understand the business needs of the company to plan and execute scalable marketing activities across PAN India.
Toppr is India's leading ed-tech company with a mission to make learning personalized. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 60 lakh students. We have the widest syllabus support that covers over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 50 exams. We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning and improve outcomes for all students. Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, Eight Roads, and Kaizen.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN TOPPR
Work with the best : Learn from leaders who have built Toppr from the ground up. Work with down-to-earth, highly experienced, and insanely ambitious colleagues.
High-growth industry : India's online education industry is an ever-expanding pie and is poised to grow to $2 billion by 2020.
High-growth startup: Toppr has grown over 50x in the last 3 years, and we aim to grab a big chunk of this ever-expanding pie.
As the business grows, you grow: We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as a business leader with the potential to make Toppr a $10B company.
Complete ownership: You and your team will build Toppr into a talent destination. You'll accelerate our progress towards becoming the best organization to work with.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES -
The goal will be to manage marketing activities like BTL events, local partnerships, corporate alliances and sponsorship opportunities PAN India.
1. Manage a team of 30+ people across different cities to drive customer acquisition
2. Work closely across functions like sales, product supply chain and finance to drive the marketing objectives of the company
3. Plan and manage BTL marketing as a customer acquisition channel by liaising with third parties and in-house team
4. Explore and create new BTL marketing channels
5. Prospect, structure, negotiate and build long term relationships with partners, vendors, and other external agencies
6. Make and execute a bridge plan to cover short term leads gap if any
7. Analyze and report the impact of various marketing activities and feed those data insights into subsequent campaigns to improve ROI
8. Own the Pan-India customer acquisition, promotions, and marketing across channels
9. Generate a steady flow of leads along with the team according to the requirement
10. Manage cost and efficiency of leads
1. % growth in productivity of offline marketing team
2. Customer acquisition cost within budget
3. % achievement of target by team
1. BE/B.Tech/B.Com. from top universities
2. MBA/PGDM from Tier 1 Business School preferred
3. 3+ years of work experience in Sales/Marketing