Toppr - Business Analyst/Project Associate (2-3 yrs)
ABOUT THE ROLE :
Toppr is looking for a Business Analyst/Project Associate in its Business team. You- ll be a part of a core business team that drives revenue and renewals for the company. Your primary responsibility will be to work with the renewal's AVP to first derive data driven insights and initiatives to improve renewals, revenue and subsequently monitor implementation of chosen priority initiatives & metrics. You- ll conduct hypothesis driven analysis of large data sets, identify initiatives to improve immediate performance, and monitor and troubleshoot identified metrics across all business units in India. You- ll greatly influence Toppr's Renewals effectiveness and elevate the role of data as an asset to the business.
If you are technically adept and possess a keen eye for business with a real passion for making an impact, then we- d love to talk to you!
ABOUT TOPPR :
Toppr is India's leading edtech company with a mission to make learning personalized. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 60 lakh students. We have the widest syllabus support that covers over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 50 exams. We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning and improve outcomes for all students. Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, Eight Roads, and Kaizen.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN TOPPR :
- Full exposure to all parts of the business: You will partner with and be exposed to every team: an unparalleled opportunity to learn about all the nuts and bolts of a business.
- As the business grows, you grow: We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as a business leader with the potential to make Toppr a $10B company.
- Work with the best: Learn from leaders who have built Toppr from the ground up. Work with down-to-earth, highly experienced, and insanely ambitious colleagues.
- High-growth industry: India's online education industry is an ever-expanding pie and is poised to grow to $2 billion in by 2020.
- High-growth startup: Toppr has grown over 50x in the last 3 years, and we aim to grab a big chunk of this ever-expanding pie.
HOW YOU'LL RAMP
In First Week:
- Understand Toppr's journey, its values and mission.
- Spend time with the HR, Talent Acquisition, Marketing, Product, and Sales teams to get up-to-speed on Toppr's offering, its competition, and future outlook.
By Day 30:
- Answer questions by querying our data models and systems of record while increasing the adoption of data across the company.
- Start to identify and pursue projects that directly drive efficiency in Renewals team.
By Day 90:
- Make recommendations that directly influence business outcomes. Identify areas of opportunity, spin up collaborative teams, and report on successes.
- Dig deeper and pick projects that matters to Toppr Renewals and its success. By doing so, you'll be solving problems on a pan-India level.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS :
- B.Tech/BE from recognized (Tier 1 and 2) institutes.
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, or BA/BS in Statistics, Project management or related field.
WHO YOU ARE:
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have the following skills:
- Agility: Endurance and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of work and quickly manage changing priorities and diverse subject matter.
- Collaboration: Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Functional Excellence: Ability to apply analytical thinking and creative problem solving and conflict resolution to daily tasks. Must be well-organized detail-oriented, and disciplined.
- Endurance: Deliver under pressure and provide informed responses to leadership in short time-frames.
- Problem-solving: Comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction.