Toppr - Associate Vice President - Talent Acquisition - XLRI/TISS/FMS/MDI/IIT/NIT/BITS (10-15 yrs)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Toppr is looking for its Associate Vice President (AVP) of Talent Acquisition. As an AVP of Talent Acquisition, you'll be responsible for leading the overall strategy and execution of the talent acquisition process. You'll collaborate cross-functionally to anticipate and meet the evolving hiring needs of Toppr. You'll build capabilities to help reduce the time to hire (TAT) and improve the overall efficiency of hiring; and to do so, you'll set ambitious goals, train people, and scale processes and systems. This means you'll successfully execute Toppr's recruiting process, optimize its cost, manage a growing team, and deliver the best talent.
If you have a passion for helping others succeed and if you genuinely believe that talent is the the greatest asset of any company, wed love to talk to you!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN TOPPR
- Work with the best: Learn from leaders who have built Toppr from the ground up. Work with down-to-earth, highly experienced, and insanely ambitious colleagues.
- High-growth industry: India's online education industry is an ever-expanding pie and is poised to grow to $2 billion by 2020.
- High-growth startup: Toppr has grown over 50x in the last 3 years, and we aim to grab a big chunk of this ever-expanding pie.
- As the business grows, you grow: We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as a business leader with the potential to make Toppr a $10B company.
- Complete ownership: You and your team will build Toppr into a talent destination. You'll accelerate our progress towards becoming the best organization to work with.
HOW YOULL RAMP
In First Week
- Understand Toppr's journey, its values, and mission.
- Spend time with the HR, Talent Acquisition, Marketing, Product, and Sales teams to get up-to-speed on Toppr's offering, its competition, and future outlook.
By Day 30
- Define the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that Toppr's hiring strategy must achieve.
- Automate and deploy the right solutions for screening and testing the candidates.
- Assess the talent gap in budgeted versus actual manpower. Implement workforce planning and forecasting to accomplish hiring targets.
- Identify and execute a data-based approach to talent acquisition. Implement Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to efficiently gather data-driven action points.
By Day 90
- Implement employer brand development initiatives. Develop and execute strategies to attract diverse candidates to all areas of the business. Design and implement campus hiring processes.
- Dig deeper and pick a project that matters to Toppr and its success. By doing so, you'll be solving problems on a pan-India level.
- Nurture your team to move to the next level.
- MBA/PGDM from Tier I Business School and/or B. Tech. from a Tier I college (IITs, BITS, NITs).
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience in Talent Acquisition with 5+ years of managing large teams. Experience in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
WHO YOU ARE
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have the following skills:
- Leadership: Ability to move and inspire a large team in a unified direction towards a common vision.
- Collaboration: Liaise with all teams to create and implement strategies, structure, budget, and vision.
- Humility: An approachable individual who can form strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Motivation: Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude. Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Data-driven: Keen interest in evaluating product/market situations, analyzing raw data, and transforming it into actionable strategies.
Toppr is India's leading ed-tech company with a mission to make learning personalized. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 60 lakh students. We have the widest syllabus support that covers over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 50 exams. We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning and improve outcomes for all students. Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, Eight Roads, and Kaizen.