Toppr - Associate Vice President - Growth Marketing - IIM/IIT/NIT/BITS/ISB/MDI/FMS (7-9 yrs)
ABOUT THE ROLE :
- Toppr is looking for its Associate Vice President (AVP) - Growth Marketing. In this role, you will be responsible for generating and nurturing leads. You will lead Digital, BTL, and Product marketing teams to deliver marketing qualified leads to sales and improve free user retention. You will lead and support new initiatives that drive growth at Toppr.
- You will engage with multiple stakeholders across Brand Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Product teams to develop and execute strategies for various business verticals of Toppr. The nature of the projects will range from defining customer segments to their acquisition, retention, and engagement. Forging strategic partnerships, creating your own branded properties, devising, and implementing growth hacking plans will be a few key business drivers in your work domain.
- We are looking for people who are obsessed with customers, can bravely take smart risks to innovate, and have a deep sense of ownership with transparency.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Budget and execute multi-channel lead acquisition strategy (digital/offline) in conjunction with the business team's requirements
- Develop, implement, and refine retention marketing strategy to drive cross-sell/upsell and improve DAU, WAU, MAU
- Brainstorm new ways of segmenting potential customers and means of communication, leading to quick-test pilots with clear measurable outcomes
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Define an effective communication personalization strategy basis user behavior on platform and deploy recency, frequency, and monetary value based optimizations
- Partnering with the creative teams to create compelling ad copies (Images & content) for various mediums and channels
- Partner closely with Sales, Product, and Finance teams to improve planning and performance
- Drive Toppr's internal marketing team while working closely with 3rd party vendors to seamlessly execute campaigns
- Work with the Analytics team to hypothesize, monitor, and report on campaign results
- Monitor competition - to deliver insights into campaign planning and development
- Build & continuously improve systems to ensure marketing spend results in a predictable revenue inflow for all the business verticals of Toppr
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN TOPPR:
- Work with the best: Learn from leaders who have built Toppr from the ground up. Work with down-to-earth, highly experienced, and insanely ambitious colleagues.
- Continual growth and impact: We have over 10 million users, and we- ve more than tripled our revenue year-over-year. Touch the lives of millions of young students. Watch your work make an impact on achieving Toppr's goals.
- As the business grows, you grow: We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as someone with the potential to make Toppr a $10B company and become the future CMO of Toppr.
- Great exposure to all parts of the business: You will partner with and be exposed to every team: an unparalleled opportunity to learn about all the nuts and bolts of a business.
- Complete ownership: You'll have the freedom to strategize, drive daily operations, and run experiments to increase the revenue and EBIT.
HOW YOU'LL RAMP :
In First Week:
- Understand Toppr's journey, mission, values, future outlook, and footprint across India.
- Spend time with the Marketing, Product, Sales, and Finance teams to get up-to-speed on
Toppr's offering, its competition, and its product, marketing, and sales strategies.
- Get to know your existing team, understand current best practices and cadence
By Day 30:
- Understand the business/ industry, the consumer segments, and the competition
- Familiarise with the business verticals, sales, and product teams and the roles they play with respect to your business goals
- Ideate and align with the business teams on the medium/long-term sales objectives
- Evaluate the overall plan on paper with respect to resourcing and budget, identify gaps and work towards bridging those
- Break the plan to multiple projects with time-lines and budgets and set up tracking and reporting mechanisms
By Day 90:
- Execute the plan/projects on paper in motion
- Assess/ evaluate all projects with respect to the benchmarks and do the course correction/optimisation
- Invest time in exploring new avenues of growth channels for the future (partnership/ growth hacking/ experiments/ pilot projects)
- Build - Own branded properties- and position this amongst the TG to ensure high brand awareness
- MBA/PGDM from Tier I Business School and/or B. Tech. from a Tier I college (IITs, BITS, NITs) with overall 7+ years of experience
- 4+ years working experience in digital marketing and/or product growth with end-to-end responsibility
- Proven track record building and running large teams
- Deep understanding of Mar-Tech a must
WHO YOU ARE:
- We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with 7+ years of work experience with deep expertise - in digital marketing and good exposure to product and BTL marketing. B2C marketing or/and product experience in tech companies will be an added advantage. To be successful in this role, you'll need to have the following skills:
- Creativity: You are obsessed about customers, their needs, journeys, and pains and can create vibrant campaigns that resonate with customers, compelling them to take action
- Communication: Excellent command of language and articulation with an eye for detail
- Leadership: You have an eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams.
- Collaboration: Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Problem-solving: Comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction.
- Self-driven: Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Expertise: - Ability to run and end to end branding campaigns including developing value proposition, creative communication, media distribution, and tracking campaign ROI
- Analytical: Keen interest in evaluating product/market situations, analyzing data, and transforming it into actionable marketing strategies.
- Communication: Ability to convey the right message and build connections with people.
ABOUT TOPPR :
Toppr is India's leading edtech company with a mission to make learning personalized. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 13 million students. Along with the learning app, our School Operating System (School OS) and the recently Launched Toppr Codr product, provide students with the complete in-school, after-school, and co-curricular learning ecosystem. We have the widest syllabus coverage with over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 58 exams.
- We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning, and improve outcomes for all students. Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, Eight Roads, Kaizen and Foundation Holdings.