Toppr - Associate Vice President/Director - Marketing - IIM/IIT/ISB/MDI/FMS/BITS/NIT (7-12 yrs)
ABOUT THE ROLE :
- Toppr is looking for its Associate Vice President (AVP)/Director - Marketing. In this role, you will be responsible for strategizing, budgeting, and executing medium-long term marketing strategies for your business vertical. As the head of marketing for your business vertical, you will liaise with the business head and the central marketing team, collaborate on projects, and bring strategies to life.
- You will also work closely with the sales team to capture consumer insights and build the learnings into new marketing experiments, sales enablement collaterals, and product development.
- The nature of the projects will range from understanding and defining customer segmentation to their acquisition, retention, and engagement. Building brand awareness (online/ offline), forging strategic partnerships, creating own branded properties, devising and implementing growth hacking plans will be a few of the key business drivers that will fall into the work domain.
- Prepare a 360-degree marketing road-map for the business with medium (3-6 months) and long-term goals (1 year).
- Brainstorming new ways of segmenting potential customers and means of communication, leading to quick-test pilots (what works/what doesn't) to increase relevant user-traffic.
- Identification of new markets/opportunities for growth in India (Tier 2-3) and International markets.
- Budget and execute a multi-channel lead acquisition strategy (digital/offline) in conjunction with the business team's requirements.
- Develop, implement, and refine retention marketing strategy to drive cross-sell/upsell and improve DAU, WAU, MAU.
- Build an experimentation framework and conduct A/B experiments with clear success/failure metrics to improve funnel effectiveness and also feedback into the product what consumer journey influencing experiments can be turned into product features to broaden the funnels.
- Measuring and reporting performance of growth marketing campaigns at a cohort level and assessing against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Define an effective communication personalization strategy basis user behavior on the platform and deploy recency, frequency, and monetary value based optimizations.
- Partnering with the creative teams to advise on compelling ad copies (Images & content) for various mediums and channels, developing test ideas, and managing A/B testing.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN TOPPR:
- Work with the best: Learn from leaders who have built Toppr from the ground up. Work with down-to-earth, highly experienced, and insanely ambitious colleagues.
- Continual growth and impact: We have over 10 million users, and we've more than tripled our revenue year-over-year. Touch the lives of millions of young students. Watch your work make an impact on achieving Toppr's goals.
- As the business grows, you grow: We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as someone with the potential to make Toppr a $10B company and become the future CMO of Toppr.
- Great exposure to all parts of the business: You will partner with and be exposed to every team: an unparalleled opportunity to learn about all the nuts and bolts of a business.
- Complete ownership: You'll have the freedom to strategize, drive daily operations, and run experiments to increase the revenue and EBIT.
HOW YOU'LL RAMP:
In First Week.:
- Understand Toppr's journey, mission, values, future outlook, and footprint across India.
- Spend time with the Marketing, Product, Sales and Finance teams to get up-to-speed on Toppr's offering, its competition, and its - product, marketing, and sales strategies.
- Get to know your existing team, understand current best practices and cadence
By Day 30.:
- Understand the business/ industry, the consumer segments and the competition
- Familiarise with the responsibilities of the business function, sales vertical, central marketing and product teams and the role they play with respect to your business goals
- Ideate and align with the business head on the medium/long-term marketing objectives
- Evaluate the overall plan on paper with respect to resourcing and budget, identify gaps and work towards bridging those
- Break the plan to multiple projects with time-lines and budgets and set up tracking and reporting mechanisms for ROI
By Day 90:
- Execute the plan/projects on paper in motion
- Assess/ evaluate all projects with respect to the benchmarks and do course correction/ optimization
- Invest time in exploring new avenues of growth channels for future (partnership/ growth hacking/ experiments/ pilot projects)
- Build - Own branded properties and position this amongst the TG to ensure high brand awareness
- MBA/PGDM from Tier I Business School and/or B. Tech. from a Tier I college (IITs, BITS, NITs) with overall 7+ years of experience
- 4+ years of working experience in digital marketing and/or product growth
- Deep understanding of Mar-Tech a must
- Prior experience with content-led marketing is a plus
- 2+ years of strategy consulting experience is a plus
WHO YOU ARE:
- We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with 7+ years of work experience. The candidate has to be a first principle problem solver.
- Having a deep understanding and expertise in digital marketing tools & brand-marketing with at least 4+ years of digital marketing experience handling performance marketing efforts for digital-first brands will be instrumental for this role. B2B/ B2C sales experience or/and product experience in tech companies will be an added advantage
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have the following skills:
- Creative: You are curious to understand customer needs, journeys and pains and can create vibrant campaigns that resonate with customers, compelling them to take action
- Analytical: Keen interest in evaluating product/market situations, analyzing data, and transforming it into actionable marketing strategies.
- Leadership: You have an eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams.
- Communication: Ability to convey the right message and connect with people.
- Self-driven: Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Collaboration: Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Problem-solving: Comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction.
ABOUT TOPPR :
Toppr is India's leading ed-tech company with a mission to make learning personalized. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 12 million students. Along with the learning app, our School Operating System (School OS) and the recently Launched Toppr Code product, provide students with the complete in-school, after-school, and co-curricular learning ecosystem. We have the widest syllabus coverage with over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 50 exams. We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning, and improve outcomes for all students. Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, Eight Roads, Kaizen and Foundation Holdings.