Assistant Manager - Talent Acquisition at Toppr
Views:1960 Applications:314 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:289
Toppr - Assistant Vice President - Talent Acquisition (10-15 yrs)
ABOUT THE ROLE :
Toppr is looking for its Associate Vice President (AVP) of Talent Acquisition. As an AVP of Talent Acquisition, you- ll be responsible for leading the overall strategy and execution of the talent acquisition process. You- ll collaborate cross-functionally to anticipate and meet the evolving hiring needs of Toppr. You'll build capabilities to help reduce the time to hire (TAT) and improve the overall efficiency of hiring; and to do so, you'll set ambitious goals, train people, and scale processes and systems. Which means, you'll successfully execute Toppr's recruiting process, optimize its cost, manage a growing team, and deliver best talent.
So, if you can drive both strategy and execution, are analytical and creative, are a visionary leader and a great people manager, we- d love to talk to you!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN TOPPR :
- Work with the best : Learn from leaders who have built Toppr from the ground up. Work with down-to-earth, highly experienced, and insanely ambitious colleagues.
- High-growth industry : India's online education industry is an ever-expanding pie and is poised to grow to $2 billion in 5 years.
- High-growth startup : Toppr has grown over 50x in the last 3 years; and we aim to grab a big chunk of this ever-expanding pie.
- As the business grows, you grow : We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as a business leader with the potential to make Toppr a $10B company.
- Complete ownership : You and your team will build Toppr into a talent destination. You- ll cultivate a culture that empowers its people and accelerates our progress towards becoming the best organization to work with.
HOW YOU'LL RAMP :
In First week :
- About Toppr: Understand Toppr's journey, its values and mission.
- Get to know our teams: Spend time with the HR, Talent Acquisition,Finance, Marketing, Product, and Sales teams to get up-to-speed on Toppr's offering, its competition, and future outlook.
By Day 30 :
- Improve efficiency : Automate and deploy the right solutions for screening and testing the candidates.
- Assess the talent gap in budgeted versus actual manpower. Basis that, define and own the talent acquisition strategy to ensure that required manpower is available on time.
- Implement workforce planning and forecasting to accomplish hiring targets.
- Data-driven: Identify and execute a data-based approach to talent acquisition. Implement CRM's and applicant tracking systems to efficiently gather data-driven action points.
By Day 90 :
- Implement employer brand development initiatives. Develop and execute strategies to attract diverse candidates to all areas of the business. Design and implement campus hiring processes.
- Dig deeper and pick a project that matters to Toppr and its success. By doing so, you'll be solving problems on a pan-India level.
- Nurture your team to move to the next level.
WHAT YOU'VE ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR :
Education : MBA/PGDM from Tier I Business School and/or B. Tech. from a Tier I college.
Experience : Minimum 10+ years work experience in Talent Acquisition with 5+ years of managing large teams. Experience in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Soft Skills :
- Leadership : Ability to move and inspire a large team in a unified direction towards a common vision.
- Collaboration : Liaise with all teams to create and implement strategies, structure, budget, and vision.
- Humility : An approachable individual who can form strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Active listening : Listen and respond to employee suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Motivation : Demonstrate a positive, - can-do- attitude. Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Data-driven : Keen interest in evaluating product/market situations, analyzing raw data, and transforming it into actionable strategies.
ABOUT TOPPR :
Toppr is India's leading ed-tech company with a mission to make learning personalized. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 50 lakh students. We have the widest syllabus support that covers over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 50 exams. We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning and improve outcomes for all students. Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, Eight Roads, and Kaizen.