Senior Recruiter at Times Internet
Views:2984 Applications:273 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Times Internet - Senior Product Manager - MX Player (5-8 yrs)
About the Company -
Times Internet is the largest Indian Internet Network and the digital venture of Times of India, India's largest media and entertainment group. Times Internet Ltd (TIL) has acquired South Korea-based video platform MX Player. MX Player is renowned to offer offline video viewing capabilities. In the past 1.5 years, MX Player has evolved into an entertainment platform which offers multiple entertainment avenues like OTT online video and audio songs streaming, and will soon offer online games too. MX Player is the largest local video platform in the world with an installed base of 500+ million worldwide, with 350+ million in India and has consistently ranked amongst the top 10 Android apps since 2012.
The scale of this product is incredible and if you enjoy tackling problems at scale then this will give you the opportunity to do so. This position will also give you the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the brightest minds in the country.
Role and Responsibilities -
As a Senior Product Manager you will help define and build the roadmap and customer experience for video, audio and games product and underlying backend systems that run such a product at scale, across all platforms and geographies. You will participate in developing the multitude of entertainment offerings strategy and vision, and develop product roadmaps to execute on that vision. We are looking for someone who is highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and has the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will also have a consistent track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
1. Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap
2. Demonstrates deep knowledge of customer needs and competitive situation and uses this knowledge to develop clear product / feature plans
3. Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
4. Demonstrates analytical skills to evaluate alternatives & make compelling recommendations
5. A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time,
6. Has built B2B systems and backend products for any leading consumer internet product 7. Be the Product Owner in agile development cycle
8. Exceptional Leadership, Communication and Presentation skills
9. Deep understanding on web and mobile analytics, with an ability to use data for decision making
1. A strong background (5 - 7 years) in product management with a successful history of shipping innovative products.
2. Demonstrated ability in building complex large scale backend B2B products.
3. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
4. Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, or marketing
5. Hands-on tech experience in developing multi-tier web products, preferably large scale.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.