Talent Acquisition - Tech/Product & Design at Times Internet
Views:1405 Applications:366 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:137
Times Internet - Senior Product Manager (5-10 yrs)
About the job
About Product Team @ Economic Times
We are transforming the way business and financial news are consumed online. With 4.5+ rated apps & 60M+ monthly active users, we dominate the business news space in India. Rapidly changing consumer consumption patterns along with ever evolving internet enabled devices has changed the way news and financial data is consumed. We have BIG plans to enhance user experience by building new channels of news distribution, personalisation of content and deriving deep insights out of complex business data. We are looking for Product Managers who are willing to be a part of this awesome journey and transform the lives of millions of users using our platforms.
We have multiple products at Economic Times which involve the core News platform, Stock Market Data platform, ET Prime (Paid content platform), Personal Finance platform, Ad Monetisation and Big Data platform. In each of these platforms, product managers are responsible for entire reader journey which includes acquisition, engagement, retention and monetisation. We never hire for a specific product and encourage product managers to work on multiple problems across multiple platforms to get holistic view of user expectations and business. This approach also helps them grow much faster than their peers in the industry. However, we do evaluate job applicants on the following:
1. Excellent Problem Solving skills to solve problems at unprecedented scale for indian audience.
2. Custodian of customer experience. A person shouldn't mind talking to customers and taking feedback and validating his ideas with customers.
3. Extremely high on ownership and should have strong bias for action. Should be ready in getting his/her hands dirty and solve the customer problem
4. A lot of passion and drive to make a difference and challenge the status quo.
5. Ability to work in an ambiguous environment to manage internal stakeholders with changing requirements without compromising on user experience
6. Ability to learn new stuff quickly since financial domain is highly technical