Manager at Times Internet
Views:1098 Applications:210 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Times Internet - Program Manager (9-14 yrs)
Times Internet is the largest Indian Internet Network and the digital venture of Times of India, India's largest media, and entertainment group. TIL websites are among the fastest growing Web / Mobile based networks worldwide. Since its inception in 1999, TIL has led the Internet revolution in India and has emerged as India's foremost web entity, running diverse portals and niche websites.
Role Program Manager
Essential Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
The candidate will need to exhibit a high level ownership and also look at continuous improvement opportunities. Prior experience of managing web based projects will be a plus.
- Lead one or more development projects taking the complete ownership of delivery. Guide and mentor reporting project leads and create high performing project teams
- Experience in end to end project management of projects/programs
- Guide and mentor the technical leads and create high performing project teams
- Ability to deliver under pressure and handle high degree of uncertainty
- Estimate the work and plan the delivery schedule including tasks, milestones, and dependencies
- Experience in planning & execution of projects using Agile methodology
- Monitor the progress of a project and ensure regular publishing of status report and quality metrics
- Track the risks and issues and work to actively resolve/mitigate
- Suggest improvements in system development process / application areas .
- Create an efficient and effective organisation structure. Ensure changeability and utilization of staff.
- Work collaboratively to optimize resource management, cross-fertilize ideas, and resolve conflicts and bottlenecks
Desired Skills and Experience
- 9 - 14 years of industry experience with exposure to complete life cycle of development & support
- At least 3+ year experience in project management preferably application Development projects
- Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers and multi team complex projects with full budgetary and delivery responsibilities
- Good knowledge and experience of delivering projects using Agile methodologies
- Good knowledge of industry standard project management and methodologies
- Knowledge of project planning and tracking by using tools such as JIRA, MS-Project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong people manager
Operates largely independently, with minimal guidance