Senior Manager at Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Views:1345 Applications:229 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Times Group - Team Member - Investment Management cum Business Development - Brand Capital (2-4 yrs)
About Brand Capital:
Brand Capital is the strategic investment arm of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Limited (BCCL) that focuses on partnering consumer-centric businesses. At Brand Capital, we put the unmatched might of our media offerings coupled with our brand building expertise, behind creating iconic brands through innovative investment models. We specialize in identifying & creating future consumer trends, categories and disruptive business models. We invest advertising space across BCCL's group companies to build future brand-centric businesses.
Encourage you to read more about us at http://brandcapital.co.in/
Position Summary :
Prepare and implement strategies to explore deals in assigned verticals for assigned markets, formulate plans to execute strategies with the objective of achieving deal signing targets and ensuring long term revenues for BCCL.
Areas of Responsibility :
- Business Development:
- Identify companies by creating databases, research their business, financials and media needs; focus to get larger deals in marquee companies; generate fresh business leads; make innovative pitch presentations; evaluate follow-on visits to prospective clients and design target achievement strategy in order to explore the full potential of assigned verticals.
- Extensive involvement in consumer branding and investing space; identifying businesses and working with promoters to partner, invest, build, operate and exit consumer businesses
- The incumbent will be responsible for sourcing deals, preparing the initial deal document, due diligence, negotiations, structuring and monitoring deals
- Ensuring compliance with pre & post-investment statutory requirements
- Any other portfolio company related task as is necessary to enhance the value of the company to the potential client/partner
- Portfolio Management & Deal Closure: Structure deals with respect to cash component and non-cannibalization of response revenues; monitor financial performance of signed deals, troubleshoot problems and resolve issues; ensure legal agreements mirror the commercials; coordinate with concerned teams; perform due diligence and achieve Trimester and Annual Deal Targets and assist in exits.
- Client Management: Maintain relationship with key position holders of existing and prospective clients and maintain rapport with internal departments like Response, Legal and Brand Communication in order to maintain excellent relationships with a long term perspective and client satisfaction.
- Ability to build business through strong Business Development/Client Servicing
- Strategic Planning
- Excellent negotiation and decision making skills to ensure closure on contracts
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good networking skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Key Account Management
Educational Qualifications Required :
CA/CFA/MBA in Marketing/Finance from top tier B-Schools
Relevant Experience :
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience in Consulting/Investment Banking/PE in Consumer Space
Work Location: Bangalore