Senior Manager at Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Views:2955 Applications:223 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Times Group - Team Lead - Investment Management/Business Development - Brand Capital (8-12 yrs)
About Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd (BCCL), Times Group:
Times Group is India's Most Diversified Media Company in World's Fastest Growing Media Market. BCCL has a strong Heritage of 175 Years. We have a strong presence in Newspapers, Magazines, Radio, Television and Internet domains. Our brands like Radio Mirchi, Femina, Filmfare are market leaders in their respective segments. Our flagship brand, The Times of India, is the world's largest selling English daily, and The Economic Times is the world's 2nd largest English Daily after Wall Street Journal. The company has been consistently growing faster than Sensex in the last 25 years and has 7,000 employees across all major cities in India.
About Brand Capital:
Brand Capital is the VC/PE investment arm of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Limited (BCCL) that focuses on partnering consumer-centric businesses. At Brand Capital, we put the unmatched might of our media offerings coupled with our brand-building expertise, behind creating iconic brands through innovative investment models. Encourage you to read more about us at http://brandcapital.co.in/. We specialize in identifying & creating future consumer trends, categories, and disruptive business models. We invest advertising space across BCCL's group companies to build future brand-centric businesses.
1. Business Development: Identify companies by creating databases, research their business, financial and media needs; focus to get larger deals in marquee companies; generate fresh business leads; make innovative pitch presentations; structure win-win proposals, evaluate follow-on visits to prospective clients and design target achievement strategy in order to explore the full potential of assigned verticals.
- In short, front lining the business development efforts by building the pipeline, maintaining and mining existing customer relationships and cross-referrals.
2. Deal Making & Closure: Prospecting, structure deals, including valuation and negotiation; monitor financial performance of signed deals, troubleshoot problems; ensure legal agreements mirror the commercials; coordinate with concerned teams; perform due diligence, achieve Trimester and Annual Deal Targets and look into Exits.
Also, front-end consumption of ads by closely working with the consumption team and the customer.
3. Relationship Management: Maintain relationship with key position holders of existing and prospective clients and maintain rapport with internal departments like Response, Legal, Brand strategy with a long-term perspective and to achieve client satisfaction.
- Maintain regular touch with customers to add value to existing relationships - creative ideas, new thoughts etc.
4. Industry & Market Intelligence: Keep abreast with developments of the sector and create opportunities for Brand Capital
- Should be aware of market dynamics and analyze and assess opportunities, threats, and solutions
- Be part of corporate strategic initiatives to start new products/businesses, grow existing ones, thought leadership, ideas.
5. Team Management: Set objectives for team members, review performance periodically, provide developmental feedback, identify competency gaps for current and future roles, drive fulfillment of required training, discuss and map career paths for key talent in order to ensure that team members have the competence and the motivation to deliver targeted results.
Experience: Minimum 8-12 years of investment experience in Investment Banking/Private Equity/ VC/Startup/Financial Services/ Consulting space.
Education: MBA - Finance from good institutes or CA/ CFA
Other Job Requirements :
- Experience in consumer space and in a client facing role is mandatory
- Established client relationships in the local market preferable
- Extensive Team player