Senior Manager at Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Views:2691 Applications:153 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Times Group - Legal Expert - Copyrights/Intellectual Property Rights - Times Music - LLB (2-6 yrs)
About Times Music :
Times Music, a division of BCCL, is a digitally progressive music company, spanning recorded music and music publishing operations. With over 40,000 tracks in its library across diverse musical genres, the company has a robust worldwide distribution system. Times Music has two integral sub-brands - Junglee Music and Times Living. Junglee Music, the films division of Times Music, boasts of chart-topping Bollywood music from successful movies like Pink, Dhanak, Haider, Raja Natwarlal, Welcome, Singh is Kinng, M Cream and many more. Junglee Music is also known for outstanding regional music from popular south Indian, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi and Bengali films.
Times Living, formerly known as Times Wellness, constitutes an interactive platform for fitness and lifestyle trends. It provides intriguing digital content, focusing on yoga, spirituality, diet, nutrition, and contemporary workouts.
Times Music is also the sub-publisher for the Indian sub-continent for global music publishing giants, Warner Chappell and Peer Music, representing more than 5 million music composition rights.
Times Music has reinvented the concepts of spiritual, world music and remixes in India via innovative packaging, distribution and marketing strategies. An early pioneer of video singles, Times Music has consistently put out immensely popular, chart-sweeping singles such as - Wakhra Swag-, - Mast Kalandar- and many more.
About the position :
Responsible for ensuring licensing and acquisition agreements draft and front end negotiations with necessary compliance with the updated Copyrights Act. The person would be responsible for managing Times Music's copyright infringement notices. Being part of Times Music, the candidate would have a large gamut of digital, internet, mobile and physical licensing; music publishing / IP management and film/album acquisition opportunities with greater learning while being part of the company's fast growth in the long run.
Areas of Responsibility :
- Drafting, vetting and negotiating film and album music acquisition agreements
- Drafting, vetting and negotiating agreements with lyricists, composers and performers
- Ensuring compliance with the amendments in the Copyright Act.
- Drafting, vetting and negotiating various licensing agreements
- Television licensing
- Digital services licensing (YouTube etc.)
- Mobile VAS services
- Physical distribution agreements
- Sub-publishing agreements
- Drafting and responding to infringement notices
Key Competencies :
- Excellent negotiation and decision making skills to ensure closure on contracts
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good networking skills
- Negotiation Skills
Education Qualification : LLB
- 2 - 6 years of overall experience, with 1 -3 years of transactional copyright experience, preferably in the media and entertainment industry.
- In depth knowledge of the Copyright Act, 1957 including the amendments brought by the Copyright (Amendment) Act, 2012
- Knowledge of the music publishing business
- Distinction between publishing rights and neighbouring rights
- Copyright acquisition and licensing agreements
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.