Senior Manager at Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Views:2222 Applications:337 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Times Group - Category Buyer Role (1-3 yrs)
About Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd :
We are India's Most Diversified Media Company in World's Fastest Growing Media Market. The Company has a strong Heritage of 175 Years. We have strong presence in Newspapers, Magazines, Radio, Television and Internet domains. Our brands like Radio Mirchi, Femina, Filmfare are market leaders in their respective segments. Our flagship brand, The Times of India, is the world's largest selling English daily, and The Economic Times is the world's 2nd largest English Daily after wall Street Journal. The Company has 7,000 employees across all major cities in India and has been consistently managed to stay ahead of the growth curve of the industry.
About Business & Commercial :
Business and Commercial Department handles the Supply Management function in the organization. We recognize that the supply chain is critical to our company's success, and Supply Management has become a key contributor to the company's competitiveness and performance. Moving from transactions to relationships, it has transitioned to fit its role as a strategic contributor. By continuously enhancing its skills mix and the performance of its resource base, the function has become a driving force for a change that is altering the way organisations do business.
Position Summary :
The incumbent will be responsible for buying, inventory and spend management of a category. Source, negotiate and procure material for the category, facilitate development of new products/vendors in spend segment, manage inventory for the entire category, nationally, manage stocks and imports, perform MIS reporting and undertake process improvement initiatives with the objective of meeting the requirement of internal customers on a timely basis and within the budget by optimizing overall costs and enhancing operational efficiencies.
Detailed Purpose :
- Primary understanding of Printing technology, Consumables utility, its application & sensitivity.
- Spend management of Packaging sub-category of consumables
- Understanding the importance of Total Cost of ownership of materials
- Facilitate development of new products/ new vendors in the spend segment
- Take up priority projects for improvising & optimizing the product quality
- Inventory management of all consumables at our pan India printing locations
- Responsible for closures of planned & unplanned stock transfers, trials, rejections, replacements etc.
- Manage Import operations for all consumables
- Develop market intelligence for printing industry across publishers
- Handle multiple internal customers, stores keepers and all other stakeholders for seamless and effective material management for printing operations
- Documentation support for functioning of MRP in SAP MM
- Policy & Process adherence
- Source Discovery & Rate negotiations
- Benchmarking information gathering
- Branch and Vendor issue resolution
- Systematic documentation for easy retrieval
- Periodic vendor payment reconciliation
- Compliance against statutory requirements
- Preference - Import Clearance, and Store Management
Skills Required :
- ERP- SAP MM / MS OFFICE exposure mandatory
- Good analytical problem-solving ability
- Smart & dynamic personality
- Negotiation Skills
- Relationship management
- Conflicts management
- Good man-management skills
- Team player
- Demonstrated service inclination
- Good process and statutory requirement knowledge
- Good command over English (verbal & written)
- Ability to interact with peer and higher levels seamlessly
- Internal customer engagement
Education : MBA
Experience : 1-3 years, preferably in Supply Chain management - Sourcing / Inventory/ Purchase / Vendor Development