Talent Acquisition Team at Bennett Coleman
Views:2548 Applications:145 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Times Group - Branch Buyer (6-8 yrs)
About Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd :
We are India's Most Diversified Media Company in World's Fastest Growing Media Market. The Company has a strong Heritage of 176 Years. We have a strong presence in Newspapers, Magazines, Radio, Television and Internet domains. Our brands like Radio Mirchi, Femina, and Filmfare are market leaders in their respective segments.
Our flagship brand, The Times of India, is the world's largest selling English daily, and The Economic Times is the world's 2nd largest English Daily after Wall Street Journal.
The Company has more than 7,000 employees across all major cities in India.
We are :
A Powerhouse of successful Brands : We believe in shaping market trends and building a portfolio of solid, innovative brands which keep us ahead of the competition. Our flagship brand, The Times of India, is the world's largest circulating English daily and The Economic Times is the world's second largest circulating English Business daily. We have continuously grown, driven by the indomitable spirit to question the conventional wisdom and change rules of the game.
Learning and Innovative : We are regarded as one of the most consistently innovative publishing companies. Our unique 'Brand Capital model' - which invests media capital, in turn for a stake in the prospective advertiser is considered amongst the most innovative ideas in publishing. Previous innovations of the Group include such ideas as Invitation Pricing, Combos, Space Drawing Rights and Advertorial Supplements. Click on the link below to catch a glimpse of how Innovation has shaped our Growth! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1RWXlipuA
Great People : Finest minds who inspire, strive and drive innovative initiatives, build trust and encourage employees to achieve optimal performance- is the Hallmark of our leadership team. We are one internally cohesive and disciplined team of people from diverse backgrounds, who collaborate to write our success story. We invest in our people and our policies are designed for their long-term happiness, ensuring work life balance simultaneously. We look for ways to keep our employees healthy, whether physically, emotionally, financially or socially. Our policies and benefits are one of the best in industry, and this shows in our employee referral rate of more than 60%.
About Supply Chain : Supply chain management function is responsible for all kinds of procurement; logistics, warehousing, and government interface hat business are met.
About the Position :
Position Summary :
- Source, negotiate and procure Non Stock and Services for branch, Regular cross-functional interaction (with Prodn & Engg dept, RMD, Response and Personnel Dept) to understand their requirements which covers Manpower services, stationery, Outside printing, spare parts and other electrical/ mechanical instruments, maintenance contracts, general items etc., source the same cost effectively within the departmental budget and as per agreed timelines. Handle waste Management (Preparing for Tendering Process) and get quarterly approvals, perform MIS reporting of Branch and undertake process improvement initiatives with the objective of meeting the requirement of internal customers on a timely basis and within the budget by optimizing overall costs and enhancing operational efficiencies.
- Act as back up of Inventory manager at Branch and perform various activities like receipt of material (Newsprints & Consumables), ensure sufficient stocks for Production and coordination with central teams for any deviation, Issuance as per FIFO schedule to Production.
Accounting of stocks in SAP. Carry out physical counts monthly and ensure no variance with book stocks.
Areas of Responsibility :
Procurement & Sourcing : Identify and evaluate vendors for specific/particular material requirement, develop a strong business relationship, RFQ, evaluate, develop, negotiate prices and other terms & conditions for annualized requirements in order to achieve the best market price with timely delivery of goods/materials.
Waste Management : Forecast generation of Waste material and undertake contracts with the waste customers, manage risk, the building of confidence with waste customers in the waste tender process in order to get the best price for our waste items.
Branch Operations : Conduct a weekly review of open PR-PO for North locations, review OPEX cost against the budget, drive process improvement initiatives, handle waste management areas in order to bring hygiene in the system, improve productivity and enable effective decision making.
Compliance and Statutory requirement Management :
- Getting all internal and external audits done and ensure nil major observation in the Procurement process
- Support press operation related audits like ABC, RNI.
- Coordinate with legal, personnel to ensure regulatory requirements for any contract are fulfilled.
Management Information System : Formulate efficient management information system by devising standardized reports and designing channels of information and documentation system in order to facilitate decision making.
Educational Qualifications Required Relevant Experience :
- B Tech /B.Com 6-8 years of experience in Supply Chain Management with atleast 3-4 years in Waste Management & Procurement.
- PG Diploma in Supply Chain will be added advantage.
Work Location : Lucknow