Head - Talent Acquisition at Tide
Views:602 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:136
Tide - Head - Operations/Transaction Monitoring - Non Fraud Vertical (10-18 yrs)
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we're on a mission to save businesses time and money. We're the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We're looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Leader in our Transaction Monitoring team at "Head" level (internal title: Head of Operations, Ongoing Monitoring (Non-Fraud)) for our UK/Europe Region, reporting to the Director of Ongoing Monitoring (UK/Europe). You will be leading a key vertical in our first line of defence (1LOD) operations' department, responsible for monitoring activity of our SME customers ('members') for the purpose of preventing, detecting and reporting non-fraud financial crime (especially sanctions, money laundering, terrorism financing, tax evasion, bribery and corruption, money mules). The activity of your team will include reviewing alerts generated by non-fraud transactions and other ongoing monitoring alerts, conducting detailed financial crime investigations, creating case documentation (for SAR & enforcement purposes), and working closely with our product, operations and second line oversight teams.
As a Head of Operations, Transaction Monitoring (Non-Fraud) you will be:
- Leading a growing team of 50+ analysts, team leads, managers and leads, spread between India, Bulgaria and the UK.
- Acting as a role model for all Tideans in your team, as a senior leader, and acting as hiring manager, trainer and mentor as required.
- Serving as a subject matter expert within 1LOD for non-fraud Financial Crime.
- Supporting our product & data teams and third-party suppliers to continuously improve our AI Models and policy rules to identify and prevent non-fraud financial crime
- Encouraging a continuous learning culture within Tide where non-fraud financial crime typologies are rapidly fed back to update and improve our controls.
- Balancing the need to keep financial crime levels within Tide's risk appetite, as determined by Tide's Risk & Compliance Committee, with delivering the highest level of service to our members, especially in the management of blocked accounts, blocked transactions and other controls..
- Constantly looking to make manual processes more efficient and increase automation where possible. Working closely with your product team to improve back office and case management tools and processes.
- Working closely with our 2LOD oversight risk and compliance teams to ensure your team is adhering to Tide policies, procedures and risk appetite, quickly able to identify financial crime trends and themes, and amend controls as required.
- Working closely with Talent and People partners and internal expert trainers to ensure we continue to recruit, upskill and retain the very best employees.
You will be a great fit if:
- As this is a senior role, you have 10+ years of previous experience in the financial industry, including time spent in a fast-moving scale-up business (ideally a Fintech).
- You are passionate about fighting financial crime and have an excellent understanding of financial crime risks (particularly non-fraud) for a mass market business, ideally in the SME segment; you have experienced the specific types of non-fraud financial crime (especially sanctions, money laundering, terrorism financing, tax evasion, modern slavery, money mules).
- You are equally passionate about providing a great member experience.
You have worked within a regulated environment and have a good understanding of the UK regulations (including POCA, TACT & PSR). You have experience of FCA reporting requirements
- You must be product and technology driven and ideally have had practical experience in working with product, data and engineering teams to develop state of the art AI models, policy rules and automation.
- You must have experience and be willing to engage with external product vendors and payment partners as well as regulatory, law enforcement and industry contacts,
- You take extreme ownership and have proven leadership and management experience and can scale teams efficiently and effectively.
- You are data driven and comfortable with OKRs, KPIs, KRIs, SLAs, forecasting, budgeting and planning.
- You are a positive person, with a flexible and creative mind and aim to bring out the best in people around you.
- You naturally align with Tide's values (MemberFirst, OneTeam, DataDriven).
What you'll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you'll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Additional health and dental insurance
- We invest in your development with a 40k INR professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working
Tidean Ways of Working:
At Tide, we're Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we're One Team. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone:
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it's what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone's voice is heard.