Thomson Reuters - Research Supervisor - Financial & Risk Business (5-7 yrs)
Company Brief :
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in 93 countries. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com.
About the TR Risk Segment :
- At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organisation.
- Risk is a fast-growing Thomson Reuters Segment. It focuses on connecting our customers' business to the ever ever-changing regulatory and risk environment. The Risk client groups include compliance, audit, legal, pricing and risk functions in financial services, law firms, accounting firms, regulators, insurance, energy and other industries undergoing regulatory change. Industry expectations are that the risk market will grow rapidly worldwide over the next few years and the Risk sector positions Thomson Reuters very strongly to take advantage of these increasing opportunities. Risk segment is positioned with the Finance and Risk business of Thomson Reuters including to leverage the full capabilities of Thomson Reuters.
- This role sits within our Financial & Risk ( F&R ) business. On October 1, 2018, Thomson Reuters sold a 55% majority stake in F&R and entered into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone, retaining a 45% interest in the business. In India, the execution of this transaction has a delayed closing date as it is subject to a judicial process for closure and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes in India, this role will be included in the new F&R entity.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountability:
1. Operations :
- To ensure timely delivery of high quality Enhanced Due diligence reports/projects by self and team.
- To undertake a quality control review of reports and to give feedback in relation to any omissions and/or errors found.
- To monitor such errors and/or omissions which arise during the review stage and liaise with the Manager in relation to any training needs of his/her team.
- To monitor and periodically review workload management and ensure that workload capacity utilization is at the optimum.
- Acting as back-up of other Research Supervisors, when required.
2. Team Management:
- Motivate, guide and communicate with the team, ensuring they are focused, updated and directed effectively at all times on all operational and non-operational matters
- Perform informal appraisals, as and when required, address any staff issues directly, such as punctuality, dress code, etc., with the assistance of Manager, and identify individuals that are not performing to standard. Implement measurable development plans for non-performers, with appropriate goals to be achieved within set timescales and the necessary follow-up action to be taken. Similarly, highlight high performer so Manager can create a career development path.
- To assist Manager in succession planning.
- To assist in managing other administration/HR functions in relation to his/her team and/or the Company, such as, but not limited to, collating, administrating and managing effectively all absence management, punctuality and dress code.
3. Miscellaneous :
- To interact with the other Research Supervisor, Senior Supervisor, Managers, Head of Research in India as well as with global Case Managers. To develop a good rapport and sound working relationship with them through workload management.
- To complete Ad-hoc tasks assigned by the Manager/ Senior Manager/ Head of Research / General Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS :
- Ensuring high quality work is delivered at all times
- Effective time management and ability to work under pressure
- Performing as part of team as well as working well independently
- Understanding the scope of work / client requirements
- Meet the productivity targets set for team and individual