HR at Thomsonreuters
Views:3941 Applications:553 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Thomson Reuters - Assistant Controller - Financial & Risk Business - CA (1-3 yrs)
- This role sits within our Financial & Risk (F&R) business. On October 1, 2018, Thomson Reuters sold a 55% majority stake in F&R, entered into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone, and retained a 45% interest in the business. In India, the transaction has a delayed closing date as it is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes in India, this role will be included in the new F&R entity.
- The jobholder supports in all aspects of accounting for an entity or a group of entities, work with 3rd Party providers for statutory and tax reporting, year end submissions and other accounting areas. The objective is to ensure compliance with Thomson Reuter's Accounting policies and Local Tax & GAAP requirements. The jobholder is expected to interact closely with various groups including but not limited to Business Units, General Accounting organization, Group Finance, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit and 3rd party providers and to manage the relationship with our local statutory auditors.
Day To Day Responsibility :
- Either independent or support the Business Unit controller in relation to local statutory and tax compliance either for a Country or a group of Countries, by working closely with 3rd party service providers
- Work with various business partners either independently or supporting the Business Unit Controller to ensure legal entities are accurately, completely and timely accounted for in the enterprise systems, as well as to ensure good controls of underlying processes are in place
- Ensure the month end close in line with Thomson Reuter's global reporting timetable, reviewing to ensure that critical accounts are reconciled to underlying documentation, that transactions are coded accurately in line with Thomson Reuters and local accounting policies
- Analysis of all Balance Sheet and Cost accounts
- Liaise with auditors on Statutory & SOX audits
- Participate in regional balance sheet and cost reviews.
- In conjunction with the Tax Department completion of tax packs, booking of tax provisions and monitoring tax accounts movements
- In conjunction with the Transfer Pricing Department review the quarterly calculation for Group books and also perform the true up Calculation for local books
- Provide support as appropriate in any tax audits as agreed with the Tax Department either directly or through 3rd party providers