Associate at Think Analytics India
Views:3476 Applications:270 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
Think Analytics - Product Analyst - SQL/R/Python (1-4 yrs)
We are a four-year-old growing analytics and data science startup founded by IIM Alumni. Our work and solutions are focused on financial services, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare industries. Culturally, we are a no hierarchy small group, and one can expect a start-up life with a casual and relaxed environment with high levels of accountability expected from everyone.
Our core product, Algo360 is a leading alternate data product in India which has been used for over 5 million loan decisions. Algo360 is constantly improving as new data becomes available and we are looking for a product analyst who will be our partner in the product journey.
- The perfect candidate is a strategic thinker who is extremely analytical and detail oriented and great at multitasking and prioritizing, as well.
As a Product Analyst, you will:
- Take end to end ownership of product analytics requirements; suggest changes as and when required and come up with solutions to support our analytical frameworks
- Set up and improve existing processes for machine learning to make the processes more self-learning and self-evolving
- Data extraction and data transformation - work on frameworks to automatically identify change in data patterns and once change in pattern is established, change pattern extraction logic to make accurate information extraction
- Test and create new variables as required by specific client requests
- Work on improving current generation of Algo360 score - constantly keep improving Algo360 risk scores as more data becomes available
- Interact with clients to understand customer requirements and specifications
- Create custom Algo360 scores for specific clients/ portfolios
- Work with engineering team to implement new processes/ variables/ calculations/ logic in the production environment
- Support in pre-sales activities as needed by creating sales collateral/ prototypes
- Work on conceptualizing, researching on the new generation of derivative products
Desired Skills and Experience
- 0.5-2.5 years of Product Analyst or Product Management experience
- Works well under pressure has the ability to work within stringent timelines and to collaborate across departments to achieve results.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Must be a true problem solver with outstanding skills in discovery techniques and the proven ability to translate the underlying business needs of requests into actionable items.
- Ability to model the reality of business into equations, and to understand the implications and limitations of a model - Very good programming skills (ideally Python or R)
- Strong experience in data processing (e.g. data mining, social network analysis, text mining). Practice with database access (SQL; optionally Pig and Hive), including NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB, JSON files) - Practice with data visualization (e.g., Matplotlib, plot.ly, C3.js, Dataiku, Tableau, Highcharts, etc.) is a plus.
- Autonomy, curiosity and innovation capability
- Based out of Mumbai or willing to relocate; can join under 4 weeks
For more information about us, log on to www.thinkanalytics.in