Vice President - HR at Xander Advisors India
Views:1085 Applications:153 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:98
The Xander Group - Senior Manager - Finance & Accounts - CA + CS (6-12 yrs)
The Xander Group - Senior Manager - Finance & Accounts - CA & CS is a must
About The Xander Group
The Xander Group Inc. is a global investment firm focused on emerging markets. The firm combines global experience and relationships, international standards of corporate governance, and a localized operational approach, to invest in, build and scale, and operate businesses to generate superior long-term returns. Since 2005, the firm has committed over USD 3 billion of equity to India across private, public, credit and venture investments and platforms.
About Xander Investment Management Pte. Ltd. (XIM)
XIM is the private equity real estate arm of The Xander Group Inc. Headquartered in Singapore, the firm has been actively investing in India for fifteen years, and has invested/acquired and/or developed over 90 million square feet across all real estate asset classes, including office, retail, industrial, budget and luxury hotels, warehousing, and residential condominiums and townships.
Xander Advisors India (XAI) is the Indian advisory arm of Xander Investment Management. XAI has offices in Mumbai and New Delhi.
- Xander is currently recruiting for the Senior Manager - Finance and Accounts position for its 100% owned portfolio asset. Reporting to the leadership team, this position will be responsible for overseeing of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. The incumbent will hold functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration. He/she will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a team.
- Additionally he/she will be responsible for ensuring that the systems and procedures are in place to support effective programme implementation and to conduct flawless audits. The incumbent will work closely with programme leaders and their staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support programme operations.
Summary of required skills and experience:
- Chartered Accountant (preferably Big 4 background)
- Company Secretary certification is desired
- 10 years- experience in accounts and finance role
- Direct tax/ GST knowledge is required
- Good knowledge of Tally and Any ERP use/ implementation experience
- To work hand in hand with 3rd party CA accounting firms and report to Xander AM team
- Fully Responsible for general accounts and finance function for entity/ group entities
- Excel, PPT, report writing in word required
- Good communication skills in English, Tamil
Sample of Tasks associated with the role:
The responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Overseeing all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and programme budgets and actual expenditures
- Coordinating all audit activity
- Consistently analyze financial data and presenting reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Communicating monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitoring progress, changes and keeping senior leadership abreast of the financial status
- Assisting leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administering and reviewing all financial plans and comparing to actual results with a view to identifying, explaining and correcting variances as appropriate
- Supporting the leadership in engaging the audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery
- Overseeing all financial, project/programme and grants accounting; ensuring that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and programme budgets throughout the fund period
- Managing organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the leaders; collaborating with them to assess the financial efficacy of programme operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support programme operations
- Managing and tracking the performance of invested assets, in alignment with the policies and investment guidelines
- Leveraging strengths of the finance team members; providing clarity on the roles and responsibilities; developing and implementing training programmes to maximize and help them reach optimal individual and organizational goals
- Providing leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; creating and promoting a positive and supportive work environment.
Process: 3 rounds - i) Personal interview; ii) Case study; iii) Final interview
Xander is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, gender, color, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, caste, economic or social status, or special ability. Our hiring policy is purely based on merit.