HR - Business Partner at The Wadia Group
Views:960 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
The Wadia Group - Deputy General Manager - Projects - National Peroxide (10-15 yrs)
DGM - Projects (National Peroxide Ltd. )
A) Strategy & Operational coverage: The leader has to enhance coverage of design, administrative and operational targets. He along with the other operational teams should work on targets.
- Plan capital budget project of chemical/petrochemical plants, define scope & deliverables, prepare project cost estimates & work out IRR/payback for brownfield & greenfield project.
- Prepare project proposal with sensitivity analysis, project duration & submit proposal for further approval of Project Head.
- After approval of project, do detailed planning of all activities including plant shutdown if called for, using Critical path method/ Bar chart/ Gant chart.
- Lead preparation of plot plan, showing process units & utilities, equipment layout etc.
- Lead and co-ordinate the project implementation with other engineering disciplines like Process, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation including conflict resolution.
- Co-ordination of procurement & evaluation of bids, recommendation of supplier / contractor.
- Prepare detailed plant shutdown activities.
- Monitor project progress and ensure project is progressing as planned, applying correction wherever necessary.
- Prepare project progress report, cash flow/ S-curve report, intimate project updates to higher ups, indicating any issues & suggestion to overcome issues on monthly /scheduled interval basis.
- Deals with / co-ordination with specialists for getting statutory approval from local bodies like MPCB, DISH, Electricity Board, Municipal Corporation etc.
- Take necessary steps to finalize & get approved the quality improvement projects including energy conservation.
- Finalize priority for plant change improvement projects to achieve targeted goal.
- Cost control & timely completion of undertaken projects.
- Measures & evaluate benefit and compare with that conceived.
- Communication skills - oral & written
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Excellent decision making & leadership
- Negotiation skills & conflict resolution
- Adaptability and tolerance to stress
2. Ideal Candidate :
Should have the following attributes:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering from reputed institute. Graduates from IIT/ICT will be preferred. Degree/Diploma in project management is preferred.
- 10 to 15 years experience in managing projects in chemical / petrochemical plants with minimum 100 crore capital in Chemical/Petrochemical plant.
- Should have completed two to three projects from concept to commissioning. Experience in both Greenfield & Brownfield project is preferred.
- Working knowledge of multi engineering disciplines viz. Process, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation and ability to co-ordinate with all such disciplines.
- Knowledge on procurement practice.
- Knowledge of typical equipment like pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, distillation/ extraction/ absorption columns, storage tank/ vessels, utilities like- Boilers/cooling towers/refrigeration systems, major instruments and DCS system typically used in chemical / petrochemical plants.
- Knowledge of international standards like API, ASME, BS, DIN applicable to process plant equipment / piping.
- Knowledge of Hazop, Hazan, Consequence Analysis & Hazardous area classification.
- Should be able to work with project management software like Primavera / MS Project and must be familiar with technics like CPM/ Gant Chart.
- Candidate must have knowledge of statutory requirement by statutory authorities like MPCB, Inspectorate of Boilers, DISH, Municipal Corporation, Electricity Boards etc.
- Good in written and spoken communication skills, including presentation skill.