The Times Group - Lead - Marketing - Times Music (6-10 yrs)
About Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd :
We are India's Most Diversified Media Company in World's Fastest Growing Media Market. The Company has a strong Heritage of 176 Years. We have strong presence in Newspapers, Magazines, Radio, Television and Internet domains. Our brands like Radio Mirchi, Femina, and Filmfare are market leaders in their respective segments.
Our flagship brand, The Times of India, is the world's largest selling English daily, and The Economic Times is the world's 2nd largest English Daily after wall Street Journal.
The Company has more than 7,000 employees across all major cities in India.
We are :
A Powerhouse of successful Brands - We believe in shaping market trends and building a portfolio of solid, innovative brands which keep us ahead of competition. Our flagship brand, The Times of India, is the world's largest circulating English daily and The Economic Times is the world's second largest circulating English Business daily. We have continuously grown, driven by the indomitable spirit to question the conventional wisdom and change rules of the game.
Learning and Innovative - We are regarded as one of the most consistently innovative publishing companies. Our unique 'Brand Capital model' - which invests media capital, in turn for a stake in the prospective advertiser - is considered amongst the most innovative ideas in publishing. Previous innovations of the Group include such ideas as Invitation Pricing, Combos, Space Drawing Rights and Advertorial Supplements. Click on the link below to catch a glimpse of how Innovation has shaped our Growth! https://www.youtube.com/watch- v=YP1RWXlipuA
Great People - Finest minds who inspire, strive and drive innovative initiatives, build trust and encourage employees to achieve optimal performance- is the Hallmark of our leadership team. We are one internally cohesive and disciplined team of people from diverse backgrounds, who collaborate to write our success story.
We invest in our people and our policies are designed for their long-term happiness, ensuring work life balance simultaneously. We look for ways to keep our employees healthy, whether physically, emotionally, financially or socially. Our policies and benefits are one of the best in industry, and this shows in our employee referral rate of more than 60%.
About Times Music :
Times Music, a division of BCCL, is a digitally progressive music company, spanning recorded music and music publishing operations. With over 40,000 tracks in its library across diverse musical genres, the company has a robust worldwide distribution system. Times Music has two integral sub-brands - Junglee Music and Times Living.
Junglee Music, the films division of Times Music, boasts of chart-topping Bollywood music from successful movies like Pink, Dhanak, Haider, Raja Natwarlal, Welcome, Singh is King, M Cream and many more. Junglee Music is also known for outstanding regional music from popular south Indian, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi and Bengali films.
Times Living, formerly known as Times Wellness, constitutes an interactive platform for fitness and lifestyle trends. It provides intriguing digital content, focusing on yoga, spirituality, diet, nutrition, and contemporary workouts.
Times Music is also the sub-publisher for the Indian sub-continent for global music publishing giants, Warner Chappell and Peer Music, representing more than 5 million music composition rights.
Times Music has reinvented the concepts of spiritual, world music and remixes in India via innovative packaging, distribution and marketing strategies. An early pioneer of video singles, Times Music has consistently put out immensely popular, chart-sweeping singles such as - Wakhra Swag-, - Mast Kalandar- and many more.
About the Position :
1. Position Summary :
- Responsible for building the marketing function at Times Music in the digital space to maximize music streaming and video on-demand business.
- The incumbent will coordinate all Marketing and deal with various promotional partners like Tik Tok, Smule, Facebook, Instagram etc for Times Music.
- Being part of Times Music, the incumbent would have a large gamut of digital, internet, mobile, licensing, music publishing, IP management, artist management and film/album acquisition opportunities with greater learning while being part of the company's fast growth in the long run.
2. Areas of Responsibility :
Product Marketing :
- Conceptualise, Ideate and implement creative marketing campaigns / properties. Ensure maximize visibility to targeted consumer group and increase sales of music.
- Planning and organizing publicity and promotion work for existing / new content, tasks can range from design, creation and distribution of packaging and marketing materials such as artwork, social media posters and etc.
- Think of innovative marketing solutions by leveraging existing content / new content.
- Monitor and evaluate strategy on a consistent basis to ensure plans and objectives are met, expected results are achieved.
- Prepare and distribute information up, down and across the organization to ensure timely communication and information flow and to enable informed decision-making.
- Work with internal Times group companies to leverage assets and initiatives to further the growth of the product.
Media Planning - Radio, Television and Print :
- Liaising with media buyers for new product placements.
Lead online branding and social media engagement :
- Support internal digital/social media team to drive product salience.
- Collaborating with the content/A&R team for marketing offer innovations
3. Key Competencies :
- Creative thinker
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- Severe revenue orientation
4. Candidate :
Educational Qualifications :
- MBA Post graduate in Marketing
Required Relevant Experience :
- 6 - 10 years of Brand Marketing and campaigns in media industry/social media domain in relevant industry
5. Work Location : Mumbai
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.