Director at The Step Up Ventures
Views:2136 Applications:462 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
The StepUp Ventures - Incubator Director - Startup Advisory (10-12 yrs)
- The Incubator Director will be the prime interface for entrepreneurs and responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing and development of the business / technology Incubator.
- This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent marketing skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization and dependability. This is a challenging role but at the same time makes available endless opportunities and learning for the candidate
The Incubator Director will be completely responsible for leading the incubator operations. Along with his/her team, the Incubator Director would in charge of:
- Overall planning the activities, resources, budgets and operations of the Incubator.
- Pre-incubation: Deal Flow generation, Screening of proposals with Incubator Coaches and Mentors, research, working with entrepreneurs for their proposals, moving proposals to the next level for selected incubates.
- Incubation: Lead formation of new business and provide incubation facilities to enable commercialization of the business, to induct new entrepreneurs, create Incubation plans and implement them, assist in writing business plans, keep track of the Incubation process; help the incubates prepare proposals for getting funding, etc.
- Events and workshops: Plan various workshops/events/webinars for the Incubator, and execute the same with the help of team members.
- Mentor Network: Develop the coach and mentor network for the Incubator and work with them to make the Incubated ventures successful.
- Partnerships: Forge partnerships with other organizations for providing services to the incubates or the incubator; marketing the incubator, sponsorships- etc. Liaison with the government and industries.
- Marketing the Incubator and Business Development: Be the face of the Incubator and actively promote it through various channels etc.
- Funding for Incubatee Projects: Work with co-ordination with Incubator Coaches and Mentors for setting up and seed funds for start-ups.
- Building and Managing the Incubator team.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain a comprehensive set of records on all tenant activity, client activity and staff involvement in the process of tenant recruitment.
- Administration of the Incubator and any other activities which requires the manager's involvement.
- The candidate must hold a MBA or equivalent from a recognized Institution
- 10 to 12 years experience in a business incubator, a start-up advisory or any kind of entrepreneurial experience would be preferred.
- Senior level in the management of a business incubators would be an added advantage
- Should have excellent communication and writing skills in the English language
- Remuneration package shall consist of a cash and equity component
- At par with industry standards