Human Resources at The Phoenix Mills Ltd.
Views:391 Applications:102 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
The Phoenix Mills - General Manager - Litigation - LLB/LLM (12-15 yrs)
Job Title: GM Legal (Litigation)
Department / Division: Legal
External Interface (Enlist external agencies/authorities that you are required to deal with while discharging your duty)
- Corporate entities
- Retail/ Commercial brands
- External Legal Counsels
- Statutory/ Regulatory agencies
Minimum Qualification (i.e. education, training etc.)
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Law from a reputed institute
- Qualified Solicitor is desirable
- 12-15 years post LLB experience, experience in law firms desirable
- Exposure to real estate industry
- Exposure to commercial & corporate arbitration
- Exposure to Civil Litigation machinery (Small Causes, City Civil, High Court & Supreme Court)
- Exposure to Criminal Law matters
Special Skills/Attributes (required for performing the job effectively) :
- Should have expert knowledge of Indian Contract Act, Transfer of Property Act, RERA, Arbitration Act, tenancy Act, MOFA, other applicable real estate laws.
- Ability to deal with senior counsels
- Exposure to litigation from risk mitigation & arbitration viewpoint with good knowledge of procedural laws
- Should be abreast with latest developments in legal field.
Overall Purpose/Objective :
Of the job Assist the Group Legal Head by identifying, anticipating and mitigating legal risk and driving the litigation function for the group.
Key Responsibilities (List major responsibilities, that you have, to achieve the key objectives) :
- Formulate the strategy for each dispute or litigation to resolve the matter in company's favour. Drive strategy sessions internally and with external counsels.
- Represent the company before various regulatory authorities/ Courts of law for resolution of any legal issues, as required
- Set up conciliation and/ or arbitration mechanism for alternate dispute resolution and appoint arbitrator for the case
- Ensure effective litigation management of all cases - identification, appointment and management of external litigation partners, filing of cases and monitoring their progress, and provide timely updates to the business leadership
- Explore, evaluate and manage out of court settlements in coordination with relevant business leadership, and under guidance from the Head - Legal
- Drafting plaints, written statements, affidavits, POAs, rejoinders, writ petitions, applications, etc.
- Collating correspondence and other relevant contracts/documents from and preparing litigation files meticulously.
- Manage the legacy litigation work in the operational mall related to various issues in coordination with the external legal counsel by ensuring all records of dates/appearances are maintained.
- Provide guidance to the legal and center's operations teams on the resolution of any disputes retailers/tenants