Manager HR at Phoenix Marketcity
Views:1451 Applications:90 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
The Phoenix Mills - General Manager - Legal - Residential Business - LLB/LLM (12-15 yrs)
Job Title : General Manager - Legal (Residential Business)
Department / Division : Legal
External Interface :
- Banks, Developers
- External Legal Counsel
- Statutory Regulatory Agencies
Minimum Qualification :
- Graduate (LL.B)
- Post Graduate Law. (preferred)
Minimum Experience :
- 12-15 years of experience in Residential Business
- At least 3 years- experience in senior management position
- Hands on exposure to RERA.
Key Skills/Attributes :
- Knowledge of RERA including latest judgments.
- Good knowledge of TDR related regulations and practice
- High quality drafting and strategizing skills.
Overall Purpose/Objective Of the job :
- Lead the Legal function for the residential business.
- Provide legal support for all project and customer related issues from documentation to litigation.
- Manage and control all aspects of the customer relationship related to negotiation, documentation, administration, etc.
- Ensure total compliance with applicable laws, legislation and statutory requirements.
Key Responsibilities :
- Oversee the title due diligence process in land acquisitions and coordinate with all concerned stakeholders to ensure successful acquisition of properties.
- Draft, negotiate and finalize project contracts with contractors, vendors, service providers, banks, etc.
- Own and lead the preparation of legal templates involved in customer documentation and obtain management.
- Draft and roll-out the customer documentation for each project from allotment letters, agreements to sell, sale deeds, etc.
- Draft and finalize necessary documentation for formation of society/association and oversee registration of the same.
- Oversee the title due diligence process in TDR acquisitions and coordinate with all concerned stakeholders and external counsels to ensure successful acquisition of TDR for projects.
- Clarify legal queries of internal and external customers and formulate FAQs, etc.
- Support the business leadership team by providing expert advice on legal and regulatory matters related to residential projects.
- Evaluate the impact of evolving legal and statutory regulations on the organization's current and planned future operations and investments; highlight the same to the leadership team during business planning sessions.
- Devise a list of proactive measures that can be introduced to mitigate legal risks, provide legal advice for policy formulation, install relevant systemic frame work and its maintenance; plan implementation with the leadership team.
- Ensure and oversee timely submission of relevant documents and returns to external stakeholders / regulatory authorities and represent the company for resolution of any legal issue or escalation.
- Ensure that the project maintains a strong and consistent legal compliance record which can be leveraged for residential business.
- Ensure that the project is completed, and is operated as per statutory/ regulatory norms and contract terms and thereby no penalty clauses are invoked against the company
- Resolve any disputes / litigations e.g. customer litigation, RERA related issues and others.
- Represent the company before various regulatory authorities/Courts of law for resolution of any legal issues, as required
- Set up conciliation and/ or arbitration mechanism for alternate dispute resolution
- Ensure effective litigation management of all cases - identification, appointment and management of external litigation partners, filing of cases and monitoring their progress, and provide timely updates to the business leadership
- Explore, evaluate and manage out of court settlements in coordination with relevant business leadership, and under guidance from the Sr VP/ VP - Legal at HO.
- Play an active role in the recruitment of direct reports within the function as well as ensure retention of critical employees
- Ensure timely goal setting, monitoring, review of performance parameters and feedback to team members
- Oversee capability building for the team; mentor and groom high-potential subordinates
- Provide direction, guidance and support to team members to help them discharge their duties effectively
- Foster an environment of learning, excellence and innovation within the team