Human Resources at The Phoenix Mills Ltd.
Views:228 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
The Phoenix Mills - General Manager - Indirect Taxation (12-15 yrs)
Job Title: General Manager - Indirect Taxation
Department / Division : Finance & Accounts
External Interface :
(Enlist external agencies/authorities that you are required to deal with while discharging your duty)
- Tax Consultants
- Regulatory Bodies
- Vendors/Service Providers
Minimum Qualification (i.e education, training etc.) - Chartered Accountant
Minimum Experience - Around 12-15 years of industry experience in the indirect taxation in similar role
Special Skills/Attributes(required for performing the job effectively) :
- Principles of Indirect Tax Management
- Knowledge of Regulatory Framework in matters related to Indirect taxation
- Statutory/ Regulatory Compliance Management
Of the job Ensuring compliance related to Indirect Tax across Phoenix Group entities and handling of litigation under Indirect Tax
(List major responsibilities, that you have, to achieve the key objectives)
- Checking, monitoring and ensuring that dues related to Indirect Tax have been paid correctly and on timely basis
- Checking, monitoring and ensuring that all the Indirect Tax Returns have been filed accurately and on timely basis
- Checking, monitoring and ensuring that correct input tax credits have been availed / claimed and also timely reconciliation of Input Credit with GST Portal has been done
- Ensuring timely completion of various audits under indirect tax laws and filing of Annual Returns thereof
- Undertake periodic indirect tax planning exercises and carry out timely and comprehensive analysis of any changes in the tax framework (in consultation with Tax advisor, legal team, etc.) to ensure tax optimization
- Update/ advise management about the impact of changes under Indirect Tax law on different line of businesses.
- Ensure all regulatory changes have been implemented properly
- To guide/ train team members and other departments for ensuring compliance under indirect tax law and changes there under
- To handle litigation under Indirect Tax across the group and to liaise with external consultants in this regard.
- To ensure timely submission of replies to various notices received under Indirect Tax and to ensure timely filing of appeal / submissions before various appellate forums.
- Develop and leverage relationships with legislative/ statutory bodies for all compliance requirements and to maintain cordial relations with them
- To share MIS related to Indirect Taxation with seniors and management
- To interact with tax consultant and counsels for tax opinions and regulatory matters