Human Resources at The Phoenix Mills Ltd.
Views:1090 Applications:185 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
The Phoenix Mills - General Manager - Business Development & Liaison (12-15 yrs)
The Phoenix Mills - General Manager - Business Development & Liaison
Job Title : GM Business Development & Liaison
Department/Division : Business Development
External Interface :
- Enlist external agencies/authorities that you are required to deal with while discharging your duty
- Land Owners
- Govt Bodies (Kolkata district, Kolkata municipal corporation (KMC) etc.
- Corporation wards (Building Proposal Department, Garden Department, Drainage Department, Water Department, Pest Control, Regional Development Authority, Fire etc)
- Architects/ Consultants
- Local Community
Minimum Qualification(i.e education, training etc.) : Graduate in any discipline (preferably law), MBA desirable
Minimum Experience :
- 12-15 years of experience in real estate/ retail industry
- Should have worked with builders/ developers/ experience of real estate (desired)
- Should have good understanding of the Kolkata market, the local development rules etc..
Special Skills/Attributes : (required for performing the job effectively)
- In-depth understanding of regulatory framework
- Well-versed with all Development Control Rules and regulations/Bye laws procedures for all liaison work for obtaining permissions/approvals and NOCs
- Enterprising, Self-driven, Good Business & Commercial Acumen
Overall Purpose/Objective Of the job :
- To evaluate and propose properties that has potential for development
- Responsible for ensuring implementation of the development strategy of a project to maximize the built-up area potential and ensuring timely obtainment of all necessary approvals/ licenses/NOCs, as required for commencement of construction, occupation and start operations
Key Responsibilities (List major responsibilities, that you have, to achieve the key objectives) :
Business Development :
- Should be capable of identifying properties having excellent development potential including city mapping, understanding the values of lands, rentals etc
- Make detailed business plan and evaluate if the land opportunity makes commercial sense and then present to the management.
- Liaising with brokers and owners and evaluating land & properties and proposing feasible options for development
- Handle all issues conceding land buying / property acquisition
- TDR Purchases Able to source the certificates, negotiate rates and have the ability to drive the diligence process from a legal standpoint.
- Drive Legal documentation including Sales deeds, agreements to sell etc. by critically evaluating and ensuring that all commercial and material elements of the document protect the company interest.
- Ensure all requisite No Objection Certificates (NOCs) are in place for necessary approvals within defined timelines as per the stage of respective projects (Intimation of Disapproval) (IOD), Commencement Certificate (CC), part and full occupancy (OC), Building Completion Certificate (BCC), etc.)
- Submit all the required documents to the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) for obtaining the (Intimation of Disapproval) (IOD)
- Ensure the submission of all relevant documents and follow up with the various Government/Regulatory departments such as Municipal Corporation, Traffic, Police, High Rise Committee (HRC), Ministry of Environment & Forest (MOEF), etc., for obtaining No Objection Certificates (NOCs) for obtaining the Commencement Certificate (CC) for respective projects
- Coordinate with the Projects team to obtain necessary licenses/ certificates as per the progress of the project construction (for. E.g. Plinth Completion Certificate, Occupancy Certificate, Building Completion Certificate, etc.)
- Coordinate with the Liaison architect for reviewing all project plans/drawings to be submitted for obtaining necessary licenses by ensuring compliance with all regulatory/statutory guidelines
- Establish and maintain relationships across levels within all concerned state and central government agencies/ departments including, but not limited to, police, electrical inspectorate, Public Works Department (PWD), Fire Department, RTO, courts, tax authorities (excise, service, etc.), electric utility, Pollution Control Board (PCB)
- Ensure proper documentation and file management for all functional operations
Other Administrative responsibilities : Other general Administrative responsibilities like security for the property, office management, Accounts management etc..