Human Resources at The Phoenix Mills Ltd.
Views:535 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:103
The Phoenix Mills - Assistant General Manager - Legal - LLB/LLM (12-15 yrs)
Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Department / Division: Legal
External Interface (Enlist external agencies/authorities that you are required to deal with while discharging your duty):
- Clients (Retail/Commercial Tenants)
- External Legal Counsel
- Statutory/ Regulatory agencies(Police Department, Licensing Authorities etc.
Minimum Qualification (i.e education, training etc.):
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Law from a reputed institute with a good academic record.
- Qualified Solicitor(Sr. Lawyer)
- 7- 10 years of total experience, and at least 5 years in the Real Estate industry will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years experience in a leading law firm
- Candidates having exposure in IT industry specially in E -commerce will be a plus.
Special Skills/Attributes (required for performing the job effectively):
- Advanced knowledge of legal administration, especially contract related matters
- Exposure in drafting agreements like Development, Sale, Lease, Leave and License, Service contracts, Domain Server, Legal Rights etc
- Understanding of Statutory/Regulatory Compliance Management
- Exposure in E - Commerce & IP Issues.
Of the job Lead the Legal function for a project/center by identifying, anticipating and mitigating legal risk; providing legal support to the senior management from the project concept stage to operations
Key Responsibilities :
(List major responsibilities, that you have, to achieve the key objectives)
- Ensures being a part of the front end team while the negotiations with the contractor/vendor and thus get involved in resolution of any disputes/ litigations
- Responsible for devising a list of proactive measures that can be introduced to mitigate legal risks, provide legal advice for policy formulation, install relevant systemic frame work and its maintenance; plan implementation with the leadership team
- Ensure and oversee timely submission of relevant documents and returns to external stakeholders / regulatory authorities and represent the company for resolution of any legal issue or escalation
- Ensure that the project maintains a strong and consistent legal compliance record and it is completed and operated as per statutory/ regulatory norms and contract terms and thereby no penalty clauses are invoked against the Company
- Collate all signed LOIs to prepare a consolidated Deviation Matrix and discuss clause-by-clause with the VP - Leasing, post which only deviations, if any would be allowed to go into the final agreement document
- Ensure the process of lease negotiations with other tenants (inline/vanilla) are carried out by the Sr. Manager / Manager - Legal as per the defined process
- Ensure the registration of the final agreement document is carried out as per statutory guidelines and provide inputs as required
- Ensure effective litigation management of all cases - identification, appointment and management of external litigation partners, filing of cases and monitoring their progress, and provide timely updates to the business leadership
- Ensure safe and custody of all original documents by the corporate/center's legal teams
- Take care of legacy litigation work in the operational mall related to service tax issue in coordination with the external legal counsel by ensuring all records of dates/appearances are maintained2