TA Team at The/Nudge Institute
Views:162 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
The/Nudge Institute - Director/Head - End Ultra Poverty Program (13-16 yrs)
The/Nudge Institute - Director/Head - Program - End Ultra Poverty
About our Organisation:
The/Nudge is an action institute working towards a poverty-free India, within our lifetime. We partner with governments, markets, and civil society to build resilient livelihoods for all. We are a collective of some of India's best leaders and entrepreneurs from across the industry, academia, government, and development sectors.
Who are we solving for in End Ultra Poverty program?
We are solving for the bottom ~5-10% of the population in India which is tucked away and invisible to the outside world on the edges of remote villages, geographically isolated, socially and financially excluded, and economically excluded. Both markets and governments find it difficult to meaningfully support this segment.
A typical ultra poor household in India may have following indicators:
Annual household income of less than INR ~25000-35000
Tied to unpredictable wage labour
Living on less than 2 meals a day
Ownership of little or no land or productive asset (like livestock, bicycles)
No savings (spend 80% of income on food)
Little or no access to social entitlements
Women in ultra-poor households are especially vulnerable; hence we directly engage with them at each household level.
What are we solving for in End Ultra Poverty program?
- End Ultra Poverty (EUP) program is solving for households in ultra-poverty through a targeted, multi-faceted and sequenced model called the graduation approach which has demonstrated that ultra-poverty can be conquered.
At The/Nudge we have been piloting this program for the past 3 years and are in the process of - catalyzing propagation of the same. Our purpose is to contribute to ending ultra-poverty in India. EUP will :
- Continue to implement on its own to iterate the design for impact at scale
- Enable more NGOs to adopt technical and capacity-building support
- Enable govt to adopt by providing research, design, and implementation support
- Continue to generate data on ultra-poverty and evidence on graduation approach to nudge governments to adopt at scale
- Build technology solutions for NGOs and governments to adopt and implement at scale & with quality.
- What are some of the principles/approaches we use to solve problems?
First principles thinking
- Human-centered design (thoughtful, action-oriented, experimental & iterative process) with a gender lens
- Systems thinking (analytical, stakeholder-oriented, and holistic)
- Strategic planning (result oriented, logical, and coherent with clearly defined outcomes, grounded on the current realities)
What you will do? :
We are looking for a Head of Program, End Ultra-Poverty to join us in this journey, be a champion for the cause, own the growth and scale of the graduation approach, in partnership with the government, donor organizations, research organizations, and others.
- Build thriving partnerships with Government and non-profit ecosystems toward ending ultra-poverty
- Build scalable products centered on the graduation approach targeted at the ultra-poor
- Own all aspects of the delivery of the program and its initiatives
- Help raise funds and gather support for the program and its initiatives
- Engage our supporters and advisors on the program's strategy and success
- Collaborate with senior leadership and cross-functional teams at The/Nudge to deliver the program's goals
- Build a strong, engaged, and high-performing team
Who are we looking for in this role?
~13-15 years of work experience
- Experience in leading zero-to-one initiatives - as an entrepreneur or an intrapreneur
- Strong track record of performance
- Experience in designing products, initiatives, multi-stakeholder programs, and/or businesses
- experience in building and nurturing strong and thriving partnerships
- Demonstrated growth mindset - learning continuously, improving, updating points of view & knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work under uncertainty, ability to articulate a vision, and secure buy-in from stakeholders
- Willingness to stay and travel in deep rural areas - fluency in Hindi will be great
We aspire to be an inclusive and diverse organization and encourage qualified individuals irrespective of their religion, caste, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, or any other dimension of identity, to apply.