The Boston Consulting Group - Senior Research Analyst - Public Sector (4-6 yrs)
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As an integral part of DRS, you will contribute to consulting case engagements through research support, as well as drive knowledge products development at BCG. You will be required to conduct exhaustive, high-quality and accurate secondary research by leveraging paid/public sources as well as BCG's internal knowledge. The task will entail connecting with the requestors to scope the research needs, collect data, synthesize and deliver insights. You would be supporting multiple requestors at a given time/day. The key to succeeding in this role is - customer-centric delivery, zero-error research output and flexible yet efficient execution.
With experience, you will be expected to develop a robust understanding of a certain sector/topic/market, excellent understanding of sources/proxies; and BCG's internal knowledge. You will also be expected to contribute to the execution of daily research operations and helping new team members.
YOU'RE GOOD AT :
- Conducts research and gather accurate data/information from relevant and qualified data sources.
- Create a comprehensive research scope by understanding the request objectives and proactively suggests the most appropriate research approach/methodology
- Perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trends identification and analysis, industry and company and people profiling, market study, growth projections, opportunity scanning, to add value to problem-solving discussions
- Provide insight, and practical implications within tight deadlines, via end products in the form of single exhibits, written summaries, basic fact packs/slides, and spreadsheets
- Serve as a thought-partner, leveraging internal team members and external knowledge partners, to engage in team problem-solving, share evolving insights, analysis and best practices, and contribute to knowledge creation initiatives
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with subject matter specialists and BCG Consultants, Partners and Principals
- Articulate research needs by setting them in the context of the business problem, and put together relevant information on regional/local economics/regulatory environment using a broad spectrum of appropriate sources
- Ensure the right and accurate information by evaluating/validating the source quality, besides identifying possible considerations for the source
- Be able to mentor the juniors and advise on research, synthesis and key findings, and work collaboratively with the peer group
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS) :
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience in the areas of economic research. This may include prior experience in any of the following areas: such as education, employment, economic development and human services
- A master's degree in business management, economics, public policy, international relation s (business management is most preferred). An undergraduate degree in economics or engineering is highly preferred.
- Sound understanding of sector and databases is important - Euromonitor, EIU, Oxford Economics, Factiva, Bloomberg
- Very strong, and demonstrable, writing skills.
- The ability to work in teams and a willingness to independently run initiatives.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Solid problem-solving orientation and lateral thinking ability
- Ability to manage multiple parallel tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau is an added advantage.
YOU'LL WORK WITH :
- You will be part of the Data & Research Services (DRS) function - a new, dynamic and highly visible centre of excellence around business research and process innovation. DRS aims to provide accurate, insightful and quick research to internal BCG customers who are part of the case teams and knowledge teams. This team is high on energy and driven by a passion for research.
WHO WE ARE :
- BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world's best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return, we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible- and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
- Our team called Data and Research Services (DRS) is the firm's one-stop destination for secondary research expertise. It is part of BCG's "Centre for Knowledge and Analytics- . DRS provides a single point of access to research specialists with the experience and access to a wide range of databases.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY :
- The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law