The Boston Consulting Group - Senior Knowledge Analyst - Technology/Media &Telecommunications Practice (4-7 yrs)
BUSINESS TITLE : Senior Knowledge Analyst
FUNCTION : India KT - TMT
WHAT YOU WILL DO :
- BCG's Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) practice works with high tech companies in industries such as computing and telecommunications to make sense of the changes transforming their industries, define winning business models suited to the new competitive environment, and implement those models in ways that create competitive advantage. We also help them to exploit new opportunities and move quickly to get things done
- We are seeking a strong candidate with experience and passion to work in Technology domain, specifically in the IT Services sector. The candidate will join as Senior Knowledge Analyst within the BCG Knowledge Team.
- We expect the candidate to support the growing IT Services industry within our TMT Practice area, through :
- Managing and processing research requests and assisting consultants with industry specific problems
- Working closely with case teams and providing analysis to drive insight into specific client issues
- Getting staffed on cases and working from client-site or BCG office for a duration of couple of months
- Contributing to selling and developing business through teaming on proposals and other client development work with focus on IT services industry, by developing innovative intellectual capital for related topics
- Interacting with both local and international teams and use an extensive collection of internal and external information resources to gather, filter, synthesize, package and deliver information to case teams and clients.
YOU ARE GOOD AT :
Working with case (and proposal) teams:
- Establishes credibility with case teams regarding practice area; takes positions/draws conclusions on a range of external and internal issues; full case team integration can be possible but limited to 10-12 weeks in a year.
- Provides synthesis and packaging of results (e.g., Excel data manipulation, client-ready PowerPoint slides).
- Executes and coordinates complex research requests across regions and TMT PA (incl. internal & external expert interviews)
- Assists others in navigating the Knowledge network by connecting them with materials and people
- Supports BCG partners and principals on proposal, lead preparation and other marketing activities.
- Takes the lead in designing and developing written materials tailored to specific clients in support of business development and proposal efforts.
Working with topic/sector teams :
- Works closely with KT experts to collect, disseminate, and commercialize BCG's intellectual property.
- Develops proprietary knowledge for the Firm (such as conducting Industry Benchmarking, creation of databases, writing whitepapers and internal knowledge documents)
- Develops best practice material on various IT services topics to be used by teams or shared with clients.
- Collaborates on TMT PA intellectual capital development such as Tier 1s.
- Supports content development around topic for TMT PA meetings, also includes Virtual trainings or local TMT PA training days.
- Authors training materials in TMT PA topic area.
- Promotes innovation at BCG by recognizing new concepts and facilitating their capture (e.g., facilitates documentation for KM of new framework developed by case team as part of client work)
- Supports the local office (e.g. provides training in TMT PA related content and proprietary tools)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS) :
- 4 + years of relevant topic and industry work experience in IT services industry or consulting or professional services firm.
- Master's degree or equivalent - preferably in business administration or business management with technology background.
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual rigor.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently in absence of daily supervision and to exercise sound judgment.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Team player with ability to work with different seniority levels from different regions.
- Strong work ethic & service-mentality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
YOU WILL WORK WITH :
As part of the India Knowledge Team, you will be working very closely with the TMT PA leadership in India and also other colleagues in the TMT topic
YOU WILL BE BASED IN :
CITY : Gurgaon
COUNTRY : India
YOU WILL BE TRAVELLING : Case to Case basis
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS : Regular 100 %
YOUR JOB TYPE IS : Full Time
WHO WE ARE :
- The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
- Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with 90 offices in 50 countries.
- BCG's Advanced Capabilities Centre (ACC) works in close collaboration with the consulting teams and other groups within our firm to help acquire, retrieve, organize, and analyse the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients. Our role is to be a trusted partner and catalyst for all parts of BCG in facilitating the development of knowledge as a core competitive advantage and building our firm's reputation as a global leader in business consulting. Ultimately, our efforts create a firm- wide culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY :
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.