The Boston Consulting Group - Senior Knowledge Analyst - Corporate Finance Strategy - Shareholder Value (4-7 yrs)
WHAT YOU'LL DO :
You will be working with business and topic leaders, consultants and CFS knowledge colleagues in all global hubs partnering to deliver on topic relevant analysis as a part of case or proposals or knowledge and/or proprietary data and tools creation, in specific you will
- Participate in measuring and interpreting the value of a business and its change over time from a strategic perspective. Familiarity with well-established value-based management disciplines is therefore a prerequisite to be considered for the position
- Run financial analysis, estimate cost of capital, perform discounted cash-flow calculations, as well as create and validate integrated financial planning. This may involve applying statistical modelling and regression analyses to link fundamental performance of the operating business as well as financial policy ratios with equity capital market valuation
- Need to be familiar with in-depth analyses of individual assets or entire sectors also involving specific adjustments that are unique to certain industries
- Portray capital market overviews and commentary on trends across geographies for an internal audience, including analysing the role of investors, their preferences, selection criteria, and patterns of behaviour and contrast it with a company's characteristics, competitive environment, and aspirations
YOU'RE GOOD AT :
- Core corporate finance understanding and its business application along with bringing a business sense and curiosity to work place, in specific outlined below
- Effective written & verbal communication
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic & service-mentality
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and credibility
- Collaborative team player and pro-active self-starter
- Ability to maintain discretion when needed
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS) :
- Master's degree in business administration, corporate finance, accounting, mathematics etc. with very good academic achievements.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in at least one of the following areas i.e. corporate development, corporate finance consulting, deal advisory, investment banking, private equity or other equivalent areas
YOU'LL WORK WITH :
- Case (and proposal) teams in a leading role by providing functional expertise
- Partner with case teams to identify and address critical knowledge needs
- Provide customized knowledge for client work, prepare accurate, well developed documents and charts
- Deliver original analysis and insights to consulting team, provide thought partnership
- With guidance from senior colleagues, identify right experts & connect him/her with requestor
- Liaise with data and research services to ensure that requests for expertise are addressed by the knowledge team and appropriate research is delivered
- Together with consultants, collect, synthesize and analyse consulting team learning & inputs into new knowledge products
- Topic/sector teams in a leading role by collaborating and maintaining the development of proprietary knowledge and tools
- Build and update new topic related customized knowledge products
- Control the consistency of knowledge management databases
- Review knowledge products and ensure they are current and relevant and update when appropriate
- Assure proper sign-off before uploading materials into knowledge management databases and contribute to sanitization
- Write abstracts and index projects and practice documents
- Collaborate on intellectual capital development projects (studies, articles and other publications)
- Contribute to content development around topic for practice meetings and trainings
WHO WE ARE :
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with 90 offices in 50 countries.
BCG's Advanced Capability Centres (ACC) works in close collaboration with the consulting teams and other groups within our firm to help acquire, retrieve, organize, and analyze the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients. Our role is to be a trusted partner and catalyst for all parts of BCG in facilitating the development of knowledge as a core competitive advantage and building our firm's reputation as a global leader in business consulting. Ultimately, our efforts create a firm- wide culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
ValueScience Center (VSC) is the dedicated knowledge arm for our Corporate Finance and Strategy (CFS) Practice Area which combines rich expertise in Corporate Strategy concepts with a management methodology designed to create a sustainable value-add for BCG clients. VSC team is spread across several locations across the globe and provides extensive experience in value acceleration i.e. shareholder value maximization, shareholder activism, corporate and portfolio strategy related topics. We deliver analytical approaches that allow senior management to effectively deal with challenges such as generating growth, managing a portfolio of assets, forming a world-class finance organization, understanding risk, and responding to the way capital markets assess companies today.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.