The Boston Consulting Group - Research Lead - Industrial Group (7-10 yrs)
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As an integral part of the DRS Management Team, you will independently manage the Industrial Goods sector research team(s) comprising a mix of fresh and seasoned researchers, as well as, outsourced research professionals. You will be expected to ensure high-quality research delivery and customer service to the internal BCG stakeholders. You will also be expected to liaise with seniors in consulting and other teams to provide robust research solutions by leveraging other centres within the global DRS ecosystem and the global research vendors.
As a topic or sector specialist, you will be expected to expand the scope of DRS's research offerings, help curate and create newer research services, proactively develop BCG IP and contribute to global initiatives within the sector or/and DRS. As a people leader, you will be expected to guide and counsel your team members to build a high-performing and deeply motivated team.
With experience, you will be expected to lead the regional relationships with senior stakeholders within the sector, development of knowledge products, and strengthening support to the case teams. You will also be leading the centre-wide initiatives (recruitment, onboarding, training, etc.), along with contributing to global initiatives (technology implementation projects, workflow management, etc.). Representing DRS in the regional and global platforms will also be a key responsibility of your role.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Team management and development
- With excellent managing and coaching expertise, you will ensure that the team meets the high- quality delivery and in turn is able to achieve service delivery objectives such as utilization, good customer feedback etc.
- As a strong role model with an ability to motivate others, you will communicate team vision/plans and drive delivery
- With strong accuracy and attention to detail, you will independently manage Industrial Goods aligned research delivery team members and other resources in the region
Acting as a thought partner and strategic thinker
- With strong problem-solving and lateral thinking ability, you will manage business relationships with team leadership at the regional level, and are also able to partner with stakeholders in both transactional and strategic dimensions
- You will act as an effective networker and thought partner with stakeholders from different BCG functions
- You will collaborate with other Research Lead peers to ensure excellent team coordination and strategic direction and are able to ensure smooth collaboration with other DRS hubs/offices
Offering exceptional levels of customer service
- You have the ability to interface confidently with stakeholders and are effective collaborator engaging with both leaders and peers within the team
- With proven research skills and strong knowledge in Industrial Goods sector/ topics, you have the ability to apply industry knowledge in a commercial context
Working flexibly in a fast-paced environment
- You will effectively prioritize and multi-task, and have the ability to work in fast-paced and deadline focused environment
- Keeping up with industry trends, sources and methods, you are capable to perform research, if and when needed
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 7-10 years of relevant working experience in the Industrial Goods sector OR in topics including Automotive, Transportation & Logistics, Construction, Infrastructure, Metals, Chemicals, Supply Chain etc.
- Core experience of 4-5+ years in one of the topics mentioned above would be preferred
- Master degree with engineering background preferred, with demonstrated high academic record
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and have great communication skills
- Understanding and prior experience of working with major databases (few if not all) such as IHS Markit, SNL, Factiva, RISI, Capital-IQ, Orbis, OneSource, Bloomberg, EIU, Thomson Reuters etc.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our knowledge and research specialists collaborate with global colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge and research positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative research careers.
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the worlds best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return, we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
The Data and Research Services function is a dynamic and highly visible centre of excellence around business research and process innovation. We collaborate with our consulting teams to bring advanced research capabilities to support projects and clients. We take deep pride in delivering rapid and precise results. The culture of DRS can be described as customer-focused, results-driven with passion for research at its core. DRS is a global function with presence in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.