The Boston Consulting Group - Research Lead - Healthcare (7-12 yrs)
WHAT YOU WILL DO :
- As an integral part of the DRS Management Team, you will independently manage the sector research team(s) comprising a mix of fresh and seasoned researchers, as well as, outsourced research professionals.
- You will be expected to ensure high-quality research delivery and customer service to the internal BCG requestors.
- You will also be expected to liaise with seniors in consulting and other teams to provide robust research solutions by leveraging other centres within the global DRS ecosystem and the global research vendors.
- As a topic or sector specialist, you will be expected to expand the scope of DRS's research offerings, help curate and create newer research services, proactively develop BCG IP and contribute to global initiatives within the sector or/and DRS.
- As a people leader you will be expected to guide and counsel your team members to build a high-performing and deeply motivated team.
- With experience, you will be expected to lead the regional relationships with senior stakeholders within the sector, development of knowledge products, and strengthening support to the case teams. You will also be leading the centre-wide initiatives (recruitment, onboarding, training, etc.), along with contributing to global initiatives (driving discussions, workflow management, etc.). Representing DRS in the regional and global platforms will also be a key responsibility of your role.
YOU ARE GOOD AT :
- You should have strong secondary research skills; well-versed with analysis, storyboarding, and presentation of findings. Advanced knowledge of information sources/databases is highly preferred - knowledge of the major databases such as Evaluate Pharma, Evaluate Medtech, DRG, Citeline, BioMed tracker, Clarivate Newport etc. will be a plus.
- You should be able to drive accuracy, timely, and customer-centric delivery within the team Strong stakeholder/customer management skills; ability to increase regular users of the Healthcare (HC) research team's services through an excellent focus on customer satisfaction will also be required.
- You should also be efficient in managing teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and service-oriented environment
- Competence in problem-solving, multi-tasking, communication (written and oral), and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is also required. Knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI etc. is desirable but not mandatory.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS) :
- You must hold a University degree (MBA preferred) with impressive academics
- Minimum of 7 years of secondary research experience in the Healthcare sector with 1-2 years of experience in team management
- You should have subject matter expertise in more than one Healthcare topics including R&D, Vaccines, Chemical & Biological Drugs, Commercial, Medical devices, Payers and providers etc.
- You should be proficient with the major databases such as Evaluate Pharma, Evaluate Medtech, Decision Resources Group, Factiva, CapitalIQ, Orbis, Thomson One, Kalorama etc.
YOU WILL WORK WITH :
- You will be part of the Data & Research Services (DRS) function - a new, dynamic and highly visible center of excellence around business research and process innovation. DRS aims to provide accurate, insightful and quick research to internal BCG customers who are part of the case teams and knowledge teams. This team is high on energy and driven by the passion for research.
WHO WE ARE :
- The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
- Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve a sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with 90 offices in 50 countries.
- BCG's Centre for Knowledge & Analytics (CKA) works in close collaboration with the consulting teams and other groups within our firm to help acquire, retrieve, organize, and analyse the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients. Our role is to be a trusted partner and catalyst for all parts of BCG in facilitating the development of knowledge as a core competitive advantage and building our firm's reputation as a global leader in business consulting. Ultimately, our efforts create a firm-wide culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY :
- The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.