The Boston Consulting Group - Lead - Research - Financial Services Sector (7-10 yrs)
WHAT YOU'LL DO :
As a Research Lead within BCG's Data and Research Service (DRS) team, you will contribute to DRS hub/office level decisions, activities and initiatives such as hiring, training, special projects, team building activities etc.
You will manage a team of around 5-12 people as well as any additional resources and will be responsible to coach, mentor and develop people, with full ownership of their career development and performance management. You will shape positive, creative working relationships with internal business partners in one or more Practice Area Knowledge Team.
YOU'RE GOOD AT :
a) Team management and development
- With excellent managing and coaching expertise, you will ensure that the team meets the high- quality delivery and in turn is able to achieve service delivery objectives such as utilization, good customer feedback etc.
- As a strong role model with an ability to motivate others, you will communicate team vision/plans and drive delivery
- With strong accuracy and attention to detail, you will independently manage Financial Services aligned research delivery team members and other resources in the region
B) Acting as a thought partner and strategic thinker
- With strong problem-solving and lateral thinking ability, you will manage business relationships with team leadership at the regional level, and are also able to partner with stakeholders in both transactional and strategic dimensions
- You act as an effective networker and thought partner with Senior Knowledge Team members
- You will collaborate with other Research Lead peers to ensure excellent team coordination and strategic direction and are able to ensure smooth coordination and collaboration with other DRS hubs/offices
c) Offering exceptional levels of customer service
- You have the ability to interface confidently with stakeholders and are effective collaborator engaging with both leaders and peers within the team
- With proven research skills and strong knowledge in the Financial Services sector, you have the ability to apply industry knowledge in a commercial context
- You are proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and have great communication skills
d)Working flexibly in a fast-paced environment
- You will effectively prioritize and multi-task, and have the ability to work in fast-paced and deadline focused environment
- Keeping up with industry trends, sources and methods, you are capable to perform research, if and when needed
- 7-10+ years relevant working experience in the - Financial Services- sector OR in topics including Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Finance etc.
- You must hold a University degree with impressive academics. Advanced degree or certification in finance preferred
- Proficient with the industry-leading databases such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Factiva, Thomson Reuters, EIU, Oxford Economics, etc.
YOU'LL WORK WITH:
- You will be part of the Data & Research Services (DRS) function - a new, dynamic and highly visible centre of excellence around business research and process innovation. DRS aims to provide accurate, insightful and quick research to internal BCG customers who are part of the case teams and knowledge teams. This team is high on energy and driven by a passion for research.
WHO WE ARE :
- BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world's best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return, we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible- and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
- The Data and Research Services function is a dynamic and highly visible centre of excellence around business research and process innovation. We collaborate with our consulting teams to bring advanced research capabilities to support projects and clients. We take deep pride in delivering rapid and precise results. The culture of DRS can be described as customer-focused, results-driven with passion for research at its core. DRS is a global function with presence in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY :
- The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.