The Boston Consulting Group - Knowledge Expert - People & Organization Practice - HR Consulting (10-14 yrs)
THE BOSTON CONSULTING GROUP
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with offices in more than 90 cities in 50 countries. For more information, please visit bcg.com.
BCG's Center for Knowledge & Analytics (CKA) works in close collaboration with the consulting teams and other groups within our firm to help acquire, retrieve, organize, and analyze the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients. Our role is to be a trusted partner and catalyst for all parts of BCG in facilitating the development of knowledge as a core competitive advantage and building our firm's reputation as a global leader in business consulting. Ultimately, our efforts create a firm- wide culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration. CKA recently opened a new Center for Knowledge & Analytics in Bangalore India that owns and manages BCG's increasing investment in proprietary benchmarking, data, tools, and analytics. Within this new center, the Corporate Development Practice Area is creating a new Center of Excellence (CDPA COE) that will both drive the Corporate Development tools and analytics initiatives - like The Value Creators tool suite, the Financial data portal as well as the full set of investor & capital markets analytics, etc. - and contribute best practice financial analytics capabilities to project teams around the world.
The People & Organization Practice is one of BCG's functional practice areas.
BCG's People & Organization expertise is concentrated in five critical areas: Organization Design, People strategy, Agile and Change Management. Our clients are senior business and HR executives who value BCG's strategic, fact-based, and impact-oriented approach supported by highly experienced senior expert teams and rich benchmarking databases and analytical capability.
Links to topic primers and key practice materials are located at the following link below the topic map. Please visit our internal website to learn more: http://bcgnavigator.bcg.com/Topic/topic.asp?Topic_ID=4508
The Knowledge Expert, Team Manager will:
- Act as an expert resource for consulting and client teams. She/he will contribute to significantly and strategically improve our clients' performance and effectiveness via a set of People & Organization levers for example, organization design optimization or transformation, HR, talent and leadership best practices
- In addition, the KE will help the People & Organization Leadership Team shape and deliver on the practice's strategy in the region, drive the commercial agenda, and develop new intellectual property. She/he will be working closely with other (Senior) Knowledge Experts from the practice to align on priorities between regions and topics
- Work closely with other groups in BCG to develop and commercialize new People & Organization products, as well as upgrade existing products
- Manage and coach a team of analysts, helping them further develop their skills
Work with consulting teams
- Insert oneself into business, establishing credibility with client and consulting teams as an expert in the topic area; take positions/draw conclusions on a range of external and internal issues; recognized as a global expert within BCG in the topic area. Provide expert perspective on methodology and leads scoping, work-planning and day-to-day activities
- Provide expert perspective on and support execution of analytics work on People & Organization projects
- Apply expert knowledge to satisfy complex client demands
- Play leading role in supporting BCG Partners and Principals with proposal and lead work
- Support commercial growth of the topic in existing and new markets
- Assist others in navigating the People & Organization knowledge network by connecting them with articles, materials, BCG perspectives, and people
Support development of the People & Organization topics in the region
- Develop and execute strategic topic initiatives together with the People & Organization Topic Managers and Topic Leaders
- Collaborate on planning and management of the People & Organization agenda
- Contribute to proposals or other investment initiatives in the topic, including intellectual capital development projects
- Develop specialized knowledge that can be leveraged across other BCG practices; present own original content in internal and client settings
- Develop key People & Organization products and tools - including analytics-oriented ones; ensure best of knowledge is captured
- Develop and execute analytics-oriented People & Organization initiatives, enhance our offerings and continue to expand the analytical foundation and competitive value proposition
- Contribute to and edit external and internal publications or communications
- Promote innovation at BCG by recognizing new concepts in the topic and facilitating their capture.
Manage a knowledge team
- Function as a line manager for a team of People & Organization Knowledge Analysts
- Manage team's capacity and help them structure and prioritize their work, in alignment with other (Senior) Knowledge experts
- Lead proposal and engagement work involving the team
- Drive goal setting, performance evaluation, career tracking, and long-term professional development
Support the local office, e.g. train analysts or consultants, and represent the People & Organization practice area at local events
Support and lead internal initiatives in the Knowledge Team to improve collaboration across topics and regions, to increase efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes etc.
- At least 10 years of relevant industry experience, relevant consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in People & Organization domain
- Demonstrated analytical expertise, including the ability to synthesize complex data, effectively manage complex analyses and good grasp of analytics concepts
- Demonstrated expertise to orchestrate analytical insights and facilitate business change Superior problem solving
- Collaborative team manager with strong leadership and coaching skills, work ethics and service-mentality with experience of working in a matrix organization
- Strong ability to work with multiple clients in a fast-paced environment, prioritize requests and manage expectations of clients
- Advanced university degree and demonstrated high academic achievements
- Effective written & verbal communication (will interact with clients)
- Autonomous self-starter and ability to tolerate ambiguity
- Excellent project management capabilities; ability to multi-task & operate effectively in a matrix organization
- Strong presence, interpersonal, leadership and credibility skills with business sensibility
BCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer