Recruiter Lead at The Boston Consulting Group
Views:426 Applications:77 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
The Boston Consulting Group - Analytics Expert - Team Manager - Data Engineering (10-15 yrs)
WHAT YOU'LL DO :
As a part of BCG's GAMMA A&S team you will work closely with consulting teams on a diverse range of advanced analytics topics. You will have the opportunity to leverage analytical methodologies to deliver value to BCG's Consulting (case) teams and Practice Areas (domain) through providing analytics subject matter expertise, and accelerated execution support.
You will collaborate with case teams to gather requirements, specify, design, develop, deliver and support analytic solutions serving client needs. You will provide technical support through deeper understanding of relevant data analytics solutions and processes to build high quality and efficient analytic solutions.
YOU'RE GOOD AT :
Working with case teams :
- Holding end to end responsibility for DE work and high quality outcomes
- Providing expert perspective on methodology and leads scoping, work-planning and day-to-day activities. - - Delivering on AE projects either directly or by involving other Advanced Analytics team analysts, 3rd party (outsourcers) and sometimes CT/ECT or client staffWorking with proposal teams
- Sharing fresh and commercially relevant topic/sector expertise in support of client work & internal development
- Leading selling process to Partners & clients and writes large portions of proposal/selling documents
- Providing institutionalized knowledge on relevant DE value propositions
Working with topic/sector teams :
- Identifying AE gaps and suggests knowledge initiatives to management
- Influencing the shaping & direction of AE knowledge agenda
- Developing, managing & commercializing AE knowledge initiatives, products and services
- Capturing proprietary content as well as AE insights to the knowledge infrastructure
- Upholding the quality of knowledge captured & standardizes processes
Analytics team management activities :
- Participating in resource deployment (staffing) according to business needs
- Playing an active role in recruitment according to business needs
- Designing on-boarding schedule & documents, provides day-to-day apprenticeship & coaching for junior staff
- Assists in long term professional development of Analysts including Lead & Senior Analysts
- Evaluating performance of DE staff
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS) :
- 10+ years of Strong experience in Data Engineering in a professional services environment is highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or MS/PhD in a Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated ability to build and operate data pipelines for real customers in production systems within on-prem / cloud environments
- Expert level coding skills in Python, Java and Scala
- Should have implemented multiple ELT (not ETL) projects successfully
- In addition working on large structured data stores, must have working knowledge of unstructured data including video, text, audio, sensor logs
- Deep experience with Spark and/or Hadoop
- Experience wrangling huge amounts of data and exploring new data sets
- Experience creating several data pipelines and reusable data ingestion code packages
- Must have experience or be capable of designing and executing pipeline for real-time analytical use cases and API based analytical use cases
- Experience overseeing the data stream of multiple projects including client deployments, integration and migration efforts
- Proven success with data pipelines and Chef / Puppet / Ansible
- Experience working with Git, Jenkins, Dockers
- Experience building applications that run on AWS, Azure
- Must be exposed to analytical possibilities (no hands-on expected, but having is a plus) in Data Sciences layer such as Neural Nets / Gradient Boosting / Decision Tree, and libraries such as TensorFlow, Torch, Theano
- Experience in BI and Data Warehousing will be an added advantage
- Experience in Retail and Telecom domain is an added advantage
- Experience engineering a Big Data infrastructure and production-grad use cases for Analytics
YOU'LL WORK WITH :
- Our knowledge and research specialists collaborate with global colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our clients.
- Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge and research positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative research careers.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
BCG GAMMA A&S combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA A&S team is comprised of data engineers, data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get high-impact business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing the business problem, building the data, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Here at BCG GAMMA A&S, you- ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing Digital enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology
WHO WE ARE :
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world's best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible- and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
BCG GAMMA combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA team is comprised of world-class data engineers, data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get breakthrough business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Here at BCG GAMMA, you- ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY :
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.