Leadership Hiring at Mancer Consulting
Views:471 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:75
Technology Head/Site Lead - Engineering - IT (16-23 yrs)
Technology Head/Site Lead - Engineering
Job Description Summary :
- This role will be responsible for leading the Engineering function located in Chennai Hub. The role will report to the APAC/EMEA Head of Engineering.
- The role is accountable for helping to deliver Strategic Transformation Initiatives for the APAC/EMEA. This role requires proactively identifying and implementing actions that ensure initiatives are delivered at a high quality, on time and on budget. This implies that this role is accountable for orchestrating a consistent transformation across business, technology, operations and channels.
- The ideal candidate will be a senior-level technology professional and be a visionary leader in engineering/technology who will drive priorities while balancing risks, capital allocations, and change complexities throughout the enterprise.
- The candidate must be able to solve complex problems and work through roadblocks. Big delivery experience as well as technical and functional expertise in a Financial Services environment with a willingness to roll-up sleeves are a must. Being able to partner with the business and create effective solutions for strategic Bank initiatives with innovation and Forward Compatibility are essential.
- Senior Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Manage/develop multiple teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well as ensure team adheres to best practices and process Develop vision for team around roles and responsibilities, and structure team to ensure greatest impact, efficient use of resource, and alignment to business structures
- Prepare and present regular team/project reviews to senior management and business leaders
- Drive the design and development of system architecture, work with end-users of the systems, and enhance the quality of deliverables Ensure staff follows Bank documented policy and procedures as well as maintain desktop procedures and supporting documentation for filings on a current basis and in comprehensive manner
- Monitor and manage approach/end results, budgeting, planning, policy formation, and contribute to future strategy of the area(s)
- Ensure change is managed with appropriate controls, documentation, and approvals including implementation of new and revised regulatory reporting requirements
- Research and resolve issues, provide recommendations, and escalate to senior management as needed
- Manage and maintain all disaster recovery plans, oversee appropriate testing, and provide permit-to-operate for new applications
- Lead and deliver local staff forums, present global, regional, and location news and updates to engage team in the progress of organization
- Contribute to defining and implementing best practices and processes for the department and ensure transparency and consistency across teams
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Bank group, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.