Delivery Lead at Randstad
Views:714 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Technical Project Manager - BFSI (10-15 yrs)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Develops defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Assigns and monitors work of the project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in client organizations.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- May directly oversee employees assigned to manage a specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS :
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required.
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry, e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of company's products and services
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach an agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive-level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature