Co-Founder at TalExel
Views:154 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Technical Project Manager - IT Services (5-12 yrs)
Technical Project Manager
- Responsible for project planning and delivery. Ensure scope for all the projects are delivered to meet business need as per agreed schedule, scope, quality and cost. Lead project planning effort in the creation of project plan, tasks, and schedules
- Conduct high level scoping, impact and risk assessment, schedule, and resource requirement for the successful delivery of the projects to an agreed scope.
- Organize and facilitate regular project scrum to track project tasks and dependency.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Work closely with various teams internally & user side to ensure delivery of solution and deployment as per requirement.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, overcome obstacles, resolve conflicts and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Responsible for the overall health of the projects by monitoring schedule, budget, milestones and benefits attainment, project risk control and project governance.
- Ensure that realistic project plans are prepared, maintained & all activities are tracked against the plan, providing regular and accurate report to Management.
- Responsible for change control, gaining agreement for CRs to the projects from product owner and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide weekly / regular project updates to the Program Management Office.
- Work towards continual improvement by implementing corrective action plans based on performance analysis, lessons learned, project archives etc.
- Hiring, training, and developing new employees to meet organizational needs
- Reviewing employee performance evaluations and providing feedback on areas for improvement.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince 2 foundation / practitioner.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Skills and Capabilities:
- Min 3-5 years of technical project management experience with overall 5-10 years of IT services experience.
- Excellent project management skills to develop business case and delivering solutions to the user with oversight of technical solution implementation.
- Proven experience in managing project using agile methodologies such as agile scrum. Good knowledge with tools like Jira, Azure DevOps, MS Projects, Confluence, etc.
- Experience of managing projects in variety of technologies (e.g. Java, .Net etc.)
- High degree of technical competency in software development practices, project management, and the ability to bridge the gap between technology and business needs.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills in order to gather insights from data to identify underlying issues
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, Scrum/Agile development environment with ability to multi-task and respond flexibly to change
- Deal well with ambiguity and changing deadlines while keeping focus on delivering results.
- Strong and effective project leader who can prioritize well and communicate effectively.
- Comfortable in getting hands dirty in day-to-day tasks to get things done
- Experienced self-starter with a problem-solving focus, an analytical mind-set, and extreme attention to detail.
- Experience in handling different phase of projects life cycle from requirement gathering until steady state handover.
- Proficient in written and spoken English in a business setting.
Soft Skills required:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written documentation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good communication skills and able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work well in diverse environment and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcome