Views:1102 Applications:63 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:57
Technical Expert/Business Development Manager - Anchors/Codes & Approval - Construction Sector (3-10 yrs)
What's the role?
The C&A /BDM is responsible for implementing code and approval strategy developed by MO India in alignment with Anchor Business Units HAG. The key areas of work include drive, influence and support elevation of code and approval landscape to the next level to ensure correct reflection of key applications and sustain long term differentiation to safeguard appropriate product pre qualification (testing), selection (design) and use (jobsite verification) in the Indian construction market. He/she will identify relevant code and standards as well as main influencers for key product/segments /trade and applications.
The position will work with external Consultants, Universities, other key decision makers and Stakeholders to build consensus for code improvements. He/She will jointly drive identification and capture of sustainable business opportunities in India with the local market and the Business Unit and support MO in prioritization of business opportunities, determination of product portfolio and positioning requirements
Who is company ? -
If you're new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, we- re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve ? -
1. Support local market and Business Unit in identification and prioritization of business opportunities (support on development of Business Opportunity Description); prioritization of business opportunities.
2. Support in translation of customer needs into product specifications to result in sustainable value propositions vs. offering from key competitors; jointly develop required product portfolio/ product basket with local market/ Business Unit with regards to key applications as well as focus segments/ trades
Code & Approval :
1. Identify relevant codes and standards as well as main influencers for for key products/ segments/ trades & Applications
2. Establish network and resilient business relationship with relevant code officials/ authorities as well as key influencers (design institutes, test institutes, universities, opinion leaders, competitors, insurance companies, trade associations, standardization bodies, etc.)
3. Drive and influence local code development to ensure correct reflection of key applications and sustain long term differentiation. Actively guide/assist relevant entities by providing technical support through the development of Codes, standards and specifications for the Construction industry.
4. Understand the framework of US/ EU/ local odes related to Anchoring.
5. Lead in development and execution of local test or research activities for Anchoring company products.
What do we offer?:
Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we- ll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
- We'll offer you opportunities to move around the business - to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It's a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you- re after.
- We have a very thorough people review process which enables your career progression as soon as you- re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?:
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you- ve never worked in construction, that's fine with us. Success at company is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive, no matter what your background.
What you need is -
Minimum Experience & Qualifications -
1. University Master's degree in engineering or above, Business administration is a plus
2. Minimum three years of experience in company/Reputed MNC in Anchoring.
3. Experience in code/standard development engineering exposure preferred
4. Proficiency in English / local language
5. Superior PC knowledge in all standard Microsoft Windows applications
6. Analytical skills, strategic thinking and organisational awareness /resourceful use of influence
7. Ability to work to time lines and deliver superior results also under pressure
8. Motivational, initiative and proactive
9. Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills at all levels
10. Great team player
Additional Activities -
1. Support Business Unit in special projects/ tasks/ requests that may come in
2. Support MO India on special projects /assignment to develop projects or markets.
Key Performance Indicators
1. On time delivery and quality of activities assigned
2. Qualitative assessment of performance by Business Unit (feedback from the local market will be considered)