Technical Account Manager - Applications/Distributed Systems (5-15 yrs)
Position Overview :
- We are looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager (TAM) who's excited to work in a fast-paced environment. As a key member of the TAM team, you will demonstrate your deep technical expertise and customer facing skills to develop and execute on the team's organizational strategy.
- This position will interface across multiple departments including product, field sales, engineering, and marketing, playing a key role in customer adoption and customer success.
- A key aspect of this role is that you are passionate about developing deep, technical relationships with strategic customers who have large and complex deployments of MemSQL.
- In addition to helping these customers utilize our technology, you will - own your impact in helping to build applications that have a profound influence on the way companies do business. As a TAM, you will work closely with clients to operationalize their solutions in a frictionless manner from Proof of Concept to - Steady State- . You will exercise your communication and documentation skills to provide executive management with direct insight to the health and state of our product and customers.
Role and Responsibilities ;
- Ongoing technical manager and MemSQL liaison for a small number of key, enterprise customers.
- Act as the customer's trusted technical advisor, helping enterprises mature their MemSQL capabilities, skills, and knowledge.
- Partner with MemSQL marketing to document customer solutions and increase customer referenceability.
- Solve our customer's Enterprise Architecture challenges, focusing heavily on Ingest, Backup, and BI.
Required Skills and Experience :
- 5+ years experience with complex applications or distributed systems, possessing broad knowledge their deployments and operationalization.
- Experience working closely with customers and partners to successfully deploy complex solutions
- Hands on experience with several of the following technologies: MemSQL,, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle SQL, NoSQL, Key Value Stores, REST, Hadoop, Data warehouse appliances, Linux, Python, PHP and BI/ETL solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical field - Master's Degree preferred.
- Ability to travel within the region (~25%)