HR at Tech Mahindra
Views:4538 Applications:314 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Tech Mahindra - Manager - Business Intelligence & Analytics (8-14 yrs)
JOB TITLE: Manager- BI Analytics
DEPARTMENT: Business Intelligence and Analytics
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager/ HOD
SPAN OF CONTROL: 0-3 AMs
Manager - BI Analytics will be responsible for developing, leading and executing Forecasting & Predictive Analytics to support strategy development and business decision-making within the Contact Centre; providing clear and actionable insights to the business by undertaking best-in-class analytics work; interfacing with key stakeholders in order to plan and execute Business Intelligence (BI) projects; coordinating and assisting BI & Data Warehousing (DW) activities within the team; and driving improvements and development within the Analytics team.
I. To develop, lead and execute Forecasting & Predictive Analytics to support strategy development and business decision-making within the Contact Centre:
- Leads the Forecasting & Predictive Analytics function and executes related activities in the organization to support business strategy development and informed business decision making within the Contact Centre.
- Develops a strategy for the analytics team and fully integrates it with the current organizational strategy and business objectives.
- Leads the development of cross-functional analytics reports for annual, quarterly, and monthly strategy forecasting.
- Knows the organizational & business drivers, applies analytical concepts & models to understand the linkages to deliverables for/of customers & stakeholders.
- Through various reporting inputs available, proactively defines options to leverage opportunities in achieving business goals and develops plans and strategies that lead to desired business objectives.
- Performs Competitive and Industry Analysis through quantitative and qualitative research tools to bring in best practices & state-of-the-art data mining tools and modelling techniques to the organization thereby ensuring better and improved Forecasting and Predictive Analytics for the Contact Centre.
- Recommends strategic directions to the senior leadership of the Contact Centre based on the external and internal analytics conducted in thereby shaping the strategy of the organization.
- Develops Balanced Scorecards for critical and identified skill-sets in the organization in order to ensure a focus on all key KPIs thereby ensuring the application of organization strategy more relevant and objective.
- Continuously improves the analytics strategy to manage the ever changing operational and customer demands & environment by undertaking and suggesting fundamental redesign of processes.
II. To provide clear and actionable insights to the business stakeholders by undertaking best-in-class analytics work:
- Conceptualizes designs and delivers high-quality solutions and insightful analysis on a variety of projects ranging in both complexity and scope, across operations, products & processes.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Identifies performance trends, drives insight generation, proposes solutions and implements actions, escalates issues, and modifies strategy as deemed necessary.
- Delivers why insights to understand the drivers of performance in the Contact Centre and makes them easy-to-consume to ensure that tangible business actions are driven.
- Identifies the most critical areas where business insights need to be provided, understands the impact of combining various different analytical insights and customizes analytical models based on the need of the hour.
- Oversees the creation and publication of periodic - insight- reports to business stakeholders to ensure that correct and relevant insights are being shared with them.
- Conducts regular business reviews with key stakeholders, and provides actionable recommendation to improve CC performance.
- Post the launch of an initiative, provides insights into what went right, what did not, factors impacting results and suggestions of what would have been a better approach.
- Synthesizes learning and prepares effective presentations for project teams and business leaders.
III. To interface with key stakeholders in order to plan and execute BI Projects:
- Interfaces and fosters partnerships with functional leaders and other key stakeholders in Operations and other functional areas in order to support and assist implementation of all new projects and execute these projects successfully and smoothly.
- Establishes and maintains excellent communication so that roles, responsibilities, deliverables, dependencies, decisions, and work processes vis-a-vis any BI project are clearly articulated and understood by everyone involved in it.
- Establishes solid working relationships with the stakeholders and becomes a close partner with respect to reporting, data and intelligence needs.
- Serves as a conduit between internal and external stakeholders and the Analytics team through which requirements flow.
- Interfaces with MIS and Automation team in order to create seamless Business Intelligence analytics and reporting mechanisms.
IV. To monitor, coordinate and assist BI and DW activities within the team:
- Communicates the strategic priorities of the team based on goals of India Operations, leads efforts to ensure alignment of his team and individuals to the strategy.
- Establishes a process with his team of regularly working towards identifying opportunity areas within the business and once identified ensures relevance of MIS and analysis in supporting the decision-making process and accuracy and objective measurement of all project results
- Monitors BI and DW activities in the team to ensure that they are in synchronization with corporate level BI projects and that they achieve optimum utilization of time and resources available within the team.
- Sets recommendations for annual goals and objectives to the analytics team and provides regular feedback on their goals.
- Assists in analysis of metrics, developing standard reporting models with visualizations to be used in aid of decision making and overall strategy.
- Independently, undertakes data analytics by extracting/querying data bases, building reports and developing/manipulating data cubes to provide support to the team as and when deemed necessary.
- Monitors process efficiencies within the team to deliver superb analytics and end user experience.
- Monitors and supervises the creation of user guides, analytical methodologies, data flow diagrams for key analytic models in order to facilitate execution of analytical request projects by anyone who is involved with them at that point in time.
V. Performance Reviews & Driving Improvements (Self & Team)
- Conducts regular/ periodic one-to-one conversations with direct reportees to have discussions on their progress on individual/ team projects, discuss any challenges and concerns & create game plans on how to achieve set targets
- Trains team members in the use of data mining and analytics tools in one-on-one or group sessions.
- Takes concrete steps to course correct through best practice sharing.
- Keeps self updated with current process/business knowledge and works with the supervisor for personal development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Functional Skills and Competencies:
- Understands and knows the industry/organization and business drivers that impact the organization.
- Understands the purpose, roles, tasks, duties and responsibilities of his role and how it links to the other roles.
- Understands advanced project management techniques and knows how to implement these techniques.
- Strong business understanding of telecom industry.
- Good programming skills with experience in SQL, SQL Server, Access and other database support activities.
- Understands and knows R an Python programming, statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms.
- Knows how to do large scale data mining (multi-million row data sets), reporting and knowledge discovery.
- Demonstrates strong Excel capabilities, with pivot tables, data tables, excel functions and scenario modelling.
- Knows how to work with VBA in EXCEL.
- Very good understanding of data storage infrastructure and query writing.
- Skillful with designing data warehouse and business intelligence architecture including data integration, schema design, data modeling, query optimization, data reporting and visualization.
- Displays strong research orientation and is familiar with various research methodologies and fundamentals such as Data Collection Methods, Measurement and Scaling Techniques, Sampling Fundamentals, Analysis of Variance and Covariance, Multivariate Analysis Technique, etc.
Customer Focus (Core)
- Ability to consistently place high value on customers and all issues related to customer.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, explore all options and develop appropriate reporting solutions.
- Ability to keep customer's requirements and feedback at the base of all analytics related activities.
- Required to maintain high confidentiality with sensitive information and data and display integrity.
- Demonstrates excellent written/spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to translate and summarize complex analytic findings into actionable recommendations through written and oral communication.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts by displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Analytical Thinking and Decision Making Skills:
- Ability to analyze reports and available data to formulate business insights and decide what recommendations to make basis them.
- Ability to analyze the existing technology and processes and identify ways in which information technology solutions and business processes can be integrated.
- Ability to identify requirements of the organization's information systems and participate in decision-making processes with key stakeholders to decide what kind of Predictive and Forecasting Reports need to be created and published.
- Ability to make major decisions impacting strategic outcomes appropriately and effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to make unpopular and difficult decisions when necessary.
- Ability to handle varying amounts of information, distil key points drawing practical conclusions translating into a strong business case and business requirements.
- Ability to look beyond the obvious solutions and ways of working and create better reports or more efficient ways of reporting.
Influencing & Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with (internal and external) stakeholders and influence them on decisions impacting the performance of your team.
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders, team members in a way that is clear and considerate.
- Ability to influence stakeholders- decisions based on one's own presentation of data either verbally or through dashboards during meetings, MBRs, etc.
- Defines options to leverage opportunities in achieving business goals.
- Develops plans & strategies, and organizes activities that lead to desired strategic outcomes.
- Proactively identifies and drives initiates and opportunities for adding value to Customer/Business.
- Implements thorough and effective plans and deploys resources optimally to produce desired results.
- Follows through on all commitments to achieve results regardless of obstacles or adverse circumstances.
- Identifies and implements required plans and milestones to achieve specific business goal.
Planning and Organizing
- Ability to plan and organize data in a way which is easy to understand and use.
- Ability to plan and organize large-scale and long-term projects and strategies that lead to desired outcomes.
- Ability to plan and manage projects end-to-end with desired outcomes and deliver as per commitments.
- Ability to prioritize projects to meet business objectives and stakeholder requirements.
- Consistently demonstrates organization and detail orientation.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing plans and priorities of the department.
- Is able to work with ambiguities.
Coaching & Feedback
- Ability to provide feedback in constructive, firm and outcome focussed manner
- Ability to coach DRs through their challenges & issues to continuously enhance performance & behaviours on delivery of tasks.
- Conduct effective and meaningful performance conversations with DRs with equity and emphasis on behaviours.
Leading and Developing Others
- Provide opportunities for development (training opportunities & role assignments) as appropriate to DRs/ team members
- Manage and develop DRs to ensure effective team work and understanding of stakeholder requirements and needs, and ensure effective performance
- Provide leadership to DRs/ team by modelling high standards of work performance and ethics
- Proactively address interpersonal conflicts among team members and positively influence individuals, negotiate and use appropriate methods to mediate and resolve conflicts
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- (Minimum) Graduation/Post Graduation (preferably in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, etc.).
- (Preferable) Certification on SAS and Mini Tab.
- (Preferable) - Certified Business Intelligence Professional- (CBIP) Certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years experience of which, 4 years should be of applied data mining experience in disciplines such as Call Centre Metrics.
- Strong experience in advanced statistics and analytics including segmentation, modeling, regression, forecasting etc.
- Experience with leading and managing large teams.
- Demonstrated pattern of success in using advanced quantitative analytic methods to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated experience with Business Intelligence/Data Mining tools to work with data, investigate anomalies, construct data sets, and build models.
- Critical to share details on projects undertaken (preferably on telecom industry) specifically through analysis from CRM.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.