Tech Mahindra - Assistant Manager - Revenue Assurance (3-4 yrs)
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager
DEPARTMENT: Internal Audit, Revenue Assurance (UK Direct Support)
REPORTS TO: Manager - Internal Audits, Fraud & Security (UK Direct Support)
SPAN OF CONTROL: A Team of 4 Members including Team Coach and Junior Analysts in Revenue Assurance Team.
- Revenue assurance is a very important control function in the telecom industry,
- With primary focus in undertaking audits & checks centering on customer related operations. The main objective of RA is to ensure maximum coverage from usage to Net Retained Revenue.
- Billing Revenue Assurance which is also a part of RA ensures that all Billing schedules are executed accurately, timely and as per SLA.
I. To efficiently undertake, manage and execute various Revenue Assurance controls:
- To work closely with the UK stake holders, assess and design various checks that are to be performed across various systems.
- Managing the Revenue Assurance checks done by the team members, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources and ensuring that all the key Revenue controls are in place and executed within the SLA.
- Ensuring quality control of the team's audit plans on an ongoing basis by reviewing and approving plans as they are developed and communicated to stakeholders/ business heads in coordination with Audit Manager.
- Managing the KPI's for the team and ensuring adherence of them.
- Working closely with the UK team, having direct interaction with them on Video Conference calls.
- Calls with the UK stake holders, to discuss key production issues and other project related work.
- Reviewing the daily checklists which are prepared and published by the India team.
Communications & Reporting
- Managing the weekly compliance reports for the team and ensuring that they are published to all the Key stake holders.
Team Development & Engagement
- Supporting and encouraging team members to be proactive in identifying opportunities to share best practice with Directors and Managers to improve the control environment in the organization.
- Managing and overseeing team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals.
- Tracking competency gaps that exist among team members & ensuring that relevant appropriate tasks are assigned and corresponding training programmes are made available for learning
- Initiatives like Team Training also undertaken to keep the motivation levels of the team high.
- Providing ongoing feedback to the team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Core Skills and Competencies
- Must have thorough knowledge and experience of Telecom industry.
- Must maintain a current knowledge base of Revenue Assurance industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered within the company.
- Consistently place a high value on customers (internal and external) and all issues and factors that relate to customer experience/ stakeholder expectations and needs
- Ensure delivery of all promises and commitments made to the customers/ stakeholders
- Should have the ability to have difficult conversations and build working relationships with stakeholders constructively
Functional Skills and Competencies -
Analytical Thinking, Evaluating & Decision Making
- Ability to accurately analyze findings by the team to prevent incorrect auditing practices and negative impact on business operations
- Demonstrate problem solving with data through independent interpretation of industry guidelines
- Ability to efficiently evaluate auditing & control procedures and suggest improvements using various analytical tools and rating indices to evaluate and benchmark processes and environment in the organization
Coaching & Feedback
- Set reasonable, challenging & clear performance goals for direct reports, monitor performance & provide feedback.
- Motivate the team for achieving personal, team & professional goals through timely guidance (coaching) & problem solving.
- Ability to coach peers and seniors, and provide coaching to stakeholders to discover possibilities/ solutions to their business problems/ glitches
- Provide consistency in performance expectations and measurement
- Conduct analysis of performance metrics of individual team members/ DRs and the entire team as a whole. Create and implement action plan for improvement
Leading & Developing Others
- Guide and develop team members through progression planning, understanding and using individual and team development tools effectively
- Hold direct reports accountable for managing and developing their assignments to ensure the department's goals are achieved and customers/ stakeholders satisfied
- Create an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally and inspire team spirit and loyalty to the organization
- Should possess good listening skills, be empathetic and compassionate to individuals concerns and directs necessary follow-up actions
- Lead and coach the team in developing and implementing the audit plan, ensuring that the team is high performing and highly engaged
- Being a Role Model for Three's Brand and culture
Communication, Influencing & Negotiating Skills (Stakeholder Management)
- Convey audit findings in understandable terms at all levels of the organization and through proper channels
- Act as a catalyst for major change, get buy-in from seniors, communicate and listen with empathy to overcome resistance, and setting up systems to hold gains
- To work cross functionally with other business areas to share root cause analysis and fix issues by using appeals to reason, data and facts through efficient auditing solutions
- Demonstrating competent communication skills with peers and stakeholders to establish effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles
- Ability to have discussions with stakeholders and team members on setting stringent auditing procedures for improving control and governance processes in the organization with mutual agreement.
- Communicate and assist management in understanding and ensuring compliance of regulatory requirements in compliance with UK and Indian audit regulations and get achieve amicable agreement.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- B.E graduate in Electronics/Electronics and Telecommunications.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Revenue Assurance, preferably telecom revenue assurance.
- Having prior work experience working with a foreign client would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Revenue Assurance tools
- Basic knowledge of SQL Tools, trouble shooting.
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools, specifically with spreadsheet software (Excel), etc
- Good Presentation Skills