Lead Consultant at Careerist Management Consulting
Views:417 Applications:139 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
Team Manager - Strategic Sourcing - Management Consulting Firm (7-10 yrs)
Organization - Management Consulting Firm
Should have - Incumbent should have experience into Strategic Sourcing, Procurement Strategy, Inventory Management, Spend Analysis. Post MBA incumbents should have 7-10 years of experience with some exposure into people management role.
Procurement Team manager manages 2 teams of COE associates and analysts to produce client-ready outputs and supporting teams across the globe. Team managers work under the guidance of the COE Group Manager/ Senior Group Manager, playing a key role in driving the team's overall answer, final materials, client communication, work planning, and team management. Team managers oversee a team that conducts necessary analysis, codifies intellectual property and works closely with third party vendors to support procurement case delivery. Team managers work with case teams across geographies and industries focusing on procurement product area of the organization. High performing individuals may have the opportunity to travel abroad to work directly with case teams.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand client/ case team needs and adapt procurement COE service offerings to case expectations
- Provide team guidance, procurement thought leadership (in areas like spend analysis, cost optimization levers, strategic sourcing, category strategy development, operating model design etc.) and sound business judgment to drive delivery of procurement cases across geographies
- Responsible for assigning work streams; monitoring and balancing workloads among team members during case delivery
- Review and ensure timely, high quality, error-free outputs produced by the team
- Contribute and support in the development of new initiatives, COE service offerings and innovation areas related to procurement
- Recognize team's development needs and consistently provide responsible feedback towards constant improvement
- Effectively communicate with teams from any global office, global Practice Area affiliates and third party analytics vendors
- Provide coaching and mentoring to COE analysts and associates
- Assist on Office Management roles (e.g. recruiting, marketing, training, etc.)
- Candidates should be graduates/post-graduates from top-tier colleges with strong academic records and relevant experience of 10-14 years.
- Candidates must have relevant procurement consulting and spend analytics experience from a leading consulting firm. Prior industry experience in the procurement domain is preferred.
- Candidates should possess excellent analytic, work planning, communication and team skills. Prior experience with managing teams, coaching and mentoring is important.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are required. Experience in using analytics tools like Alteryx, Tableau is preferred