Senior Consultant at AceProHR
Views:4199 Applications:404 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:231
Team Manager - Consumer Products & Retail/Private Equity Vertical - Strategy Consulting Captive - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (7-12 yrs)
Team Manager- Captive of strategy Consulting Firm - Multiple roles
Our Client is one of the Worlds best Strategy Consulting firms.
A top 5 in best places to work surveys worldwide; it has consistently set the benchmark for employee friendly policies, engagements and culture
The company embraces diversity and encourages a steady work life balance.
- Multiple roles
Team Managers required for :
- Consumer Products & Retail Vertical
- Private Equity
- The role of this position is to own multiple client accounts and teams, focused on the Consumer Products & Retail industry. The teams are primarily focused on collaborating with practice/front end case teams on the development and deployment of industry specific analytical products to answer strategic questions of the Strategy Firms - Consumer, Retail and Private Equity clients.
- A Team Manager is responsible for owning and maintaining strong client relationships through high quality delivery of projects and communication, while providing day to day coaching and mentoring to project leaders and associates.
- TM provides significant direction and support on work-planning, problem solving, hypothesis generation and research toolkit. TM is also a part of the captive units management team and leads other office initiatives such as recruiting, training, business strategy.
KEY RESULT AREAS :
Provide direct, day-to-day management to a group of 8-10 people
- Leads a group of Project Leaders, Associates and Analysts to execute multiple cases simultaneously
- Ensures timely, high quality delivery to clients through effective team management; define deliverables; prioritize and set deadlines; review work, provide feedback and ensure quality control
- Identifies and proactively engages on critical issues on projects and with clients; Proactively resolve problems, remove roadblocks, escalate issues as needed
- Is proficient at identifying and using the relevant analytical tools and ensure zero-defect in all work streams and ensures quality work delivery
- Own and maintain client relationships
- Understand client needs and situations and adapt to case expectations. Show ability to resolve complex issues across work streams.
- Communicate data, knowledge, and clearly explain insights and implications for the client to the entire team. Generate and screen realistic answers based on sound reality checks and recommend actionable solutions.
- Effectively manages client and team meetings and deliver clear and professional presentations to the team, team leaders and managers/partners across the Strategy Consulting firm
- Exerts strong positive influence over hiring, developing and retaining top talent
- Develop professional development plans, provide coaching/training, recognize accomplishments of project leaders (PLs) and associates as direct reports
- Provides day-to-day coaching on work-planning, problem solving, hypothesis generation and research toolkit; Coaches effectively, which is visible in the PLs and Associates
- Constructively engages in mutual feedback process with supervisor and direct reportees; provides concrete, regular and actionable feedback
- Deliver performance reviews, recommends ratings
- Act as part of the leadership team; involved in on-the-ground office operations
PERSON PROFILE :
- Graduate from tier-1 college with 7 + years of experience in a global professional services firm environment with exposure to business research and consulting
- Preferably an MBA from tier-1 business school
- IF you have done front-line consulting and want to take a break from the hectic travel and have a better work life balance- this is the place to be !
- Team Management experience is essential
- 2+ years of experience in providing internal/external strategic consulting to Consumer Product and Retail clients or Supporting a Private Equity Team with focus on consumer/marketing analytics and research to develop go-to-market strategies for clients including product/pricing/promotion decisions
- With focus on Private Equity Support like- Due Diligence, Portfolio Value Creation, Firm & Sector Research to Support Exit
- Proven track record of managing multiple accounts and teams
- Strong academic credentials, analytical ability and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, can drive senior client/stakeholder level discussions succinctly to favorable outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and develop open ended ideas to practical results
- Maturity to lead by example, willingness to get into detail as required while also balancing delegation effectively
- A strong team player and demonstrated ability to motivate team members
- Quick learner, good at multi-tasking
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.