Assistant Manager - Talent Acquisition at People Resources
Views:1954 Applications:9 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Team Lead - Synthesis Research - Chemical Industry (7-12 yrs)
- Team Lead (chemical Industry) for a very renowned and large international agr- chemicals company. PhD(Chemistry) preferably with Foreign University in 7 - 12 years of experience in synthesis research and Organic Chemistry
Position Purpose :
- The role holder shall report to the Group Leader and shall perform research activities as designing and conducting scientific experiments, analyzing and interpreting results leading to the discovery, and pre-development of innovative molecules for crop protection / crop growth with the aim of adding significant value to the business of PI.
- The role holder shall also lead Research Projects and functionally guide a Project Team of scientists (Master degree/PhD) to carry out design and synthesis of defined target molecules in accordance with the project timelines and objectives and allocated resources. The role holder shall plan and propose all input, equipment and other requirements for procurement to Group Leader - Chemistry to ensure efficient conduct of project activities.
Strategic Responsibilities :
- Actively imbibing the values and philosophy of PI Industries
- Efficient contribution to the overall success of CreAgro Chemistry by driving innovation and team performance according to objectives and targets being set by the Director and Head of Chemistry.
- Fullfilling requirements and achieving goals set by the Head of Chemistry and Group Leader
- Ensuring the security of intellectual property for CreAgro (patent applications, ensuring freedom-to-operate)
- Updating self and team chemistry knowledge through literature scanning to foster innovation
- If required and formally assigned, act as a Research Project Manager taking responsibility for functional guidance of a Research Project
- As part of a Group, support the Group Leader with special focus on target setting, development of strengths, building of knowhow and functional feedbac
Operational Responsibilities :
- Work with the Team to achieve and exceed targets within the frame given by the Group Leader and Head of Chemistry
- Support Group Leader & Head of Chemistry in achieving overall department objectives
- Keep self and Team updated on the state of the art in synthetic chemistry development and
- Techniques with specific focus on agrochemistry, and foster innovation
- Continuous documentation and reporting of all research results obtained within the area of responsibility
- Carrying out literature search by use of all available tools (Reaxis/Scifinder/Patents etc.), support the line managing Group Leader in his work, e. g. contribute actively to designing of new potent molecules, design/identify synthetic routes for the same
- Carrying out synthetic experiments safely and efficiently, while capturing all relevant details of the experimental procedure and related data effectively
- Updating the Group Leader on the progress/issues of the project and any relevant kind of lab activities within the Team on a regular basis
- Collection of data (Chemistry and Biology) for SAR analysis and giving broad support to Research Project Leaders and Research Project Team members regardless hierarchy
- Develop and foster positive relationships with other Teams and support groups such as Analytical chemistry/biology to maximize cooperation and consequent benefit to delivery on objectives
- Constructive and active participtions in all technical and functional meetings of the group
- Responsible for the Team safety, documentation and reports
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.