Team Lead - Manufacturing & Production - Chemical Producer (15-20 yrs)
Team Lead- Pigment Qualification
Industry : Manufacturing and Production
Skills : "R&D", "Pigment Chemistry","Colour"
Job Type : Permanent
Description : The position is the key role for interacting with the pigments industry to bring in the highest possible colorant candidates for value and innovation to meet the "number one in color" strategic target of the company. The position manages all pigment qualification activities for North America and supports global objectives. The position will also be responsible for achieving the targets for his team and company targets
Client Details :
Our client is the largest chemical producer in the world having its global presence in more than 50 countries
Job Description :
Business environment (market/external conditions/challenges the job faces on a regular basis ):
- The person will navigate multiple international agendas, where at least some of them are hidden. The successful candidate must take on leadership in this environment and decide and enforce what our global pigment portfolio is. The candidate must be able to navigate through how the rules are developed and employed across the globe
Level of Autonomy/Decision Making Responsibility :
- The person will have final say in what the content of the Pigment and Paste Toolbox is. The person will also have the definitive technical voice for making a risk assessment on pigment shortages and non-conformance's.
Internal and external relationships :
- The job interacts with development teams and account color program coordinators to support what pigments need to be introduced into the technical development projects, Annual Color Program, color trend shows, and their respective time lines.
- The job will interact with the Master Tinter Team and Initial Pigmentation chemist to glean out how the Toolbox pigments are performing and bring this information back to subsequent qualification and Toolbox update activities.
- The job interacts with the color scientist to establish the best characterisation for the pigment..
- The job interacts with the paint formulators in Mexico, Canada, India, and the USA to stay abreast of the latest pigment offerings to the toolboxes. Frequent communication is expected.
- Masters degree in chemistry or related field with 15 years of experience in color / paint or pigment.
- Preference is given to candidates holding a PhD in Chemistry or related field with 10 years of experience in color / paint or pigment
- Pigment chemistry, specifically for Automotive Refinish and OEM use (high performance pigments)
- Waterborne and solvent borne pigment dispersion
- Paint formulation, paint testing, and color tinting experience
- Customer and supplier interaction
- Experience in leading an international team is required
- Successful demonstration of influential leadership in a global team is required
- Experience working across multiple cultures is required
Job Offer :
In addition to an attractive remuneration, You will have the opportunity to Launch new product technologies from scratch and working directly with the leadership team of the organisation.
Page Group India is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Contact : Anirudh Subramaniam -
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.